"Aquaria..."

"How do you know that she is dead? Maybe she got through to the Ever Realm," Aqua said after she heard Rose's voice.

"I never thought about that..." Quirin said as he looked at the princess.

"So we have a chance to get mom back! If we get to the Ever Realm, we can get mom home!" Varian shot up and Quirin frowned.

"But what if she was killed and the same happens to you both or what if you get stuck too? I can't lose you too, Varian," Quirin said as he put his hands on Varian's shoulder.

"But we have to try," Varian pressed, wanting his mother back so badly.

"Varian, he's right though," Aqua agreed, not wanting to chance losing Varian. "We can search for a different way but the book is too dangerous."

"Plus, the book disappeared with your mother. There's no way to get to the Ever Realm without the book," Quirin said and Varian shook his head.

"No, no. There has to be a way to get mom back," Varian persisted desperately.

"We'll find a way Varian, I promise. I'll help you," Aqua said as she held his hand.

"Just promise me that you'll both be careful. I can't lose either of you," Quirin said as he hugged both of them. "You're my only child, Varian, and Aquaria, you're like the daughter I never got to have."

"Wait, was mom pregnant when she died o-or when she left?" Varian asked.

"No, or at least not that I know of. However, we were trying to give you a sibling, but... then I lost her. I promised her that I would tell you when you were older. I didn't want you to find out like this," Quirin admitted as he looked down.

"We'll find mom. I promise," Varian said with determination. "We'll start looking right away."

💧

Aquaria shot up straight in Varian's bed and she gasped as she heard a beautiful distant call in the night.

Varian groaned as he sat up, bleary eyed. He yawned and looked at Aqua whose gaze was out the window at the silvery moon.

"Nightmares?" He mumbled as he wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"No, it was just someone singing," Aqua figured as she leaned back against him with a soft sigh. "I didn't mean to wake you."

"Don't worry. I haven't been sleeping well anyways," Varian mumbled.

"Because you stay up all night researching the Ever Realm and the kingdom of Eden," Aqua pointed out.

"I know, but I just... I have to find my mom," Varian said with pain in his voice.

"I know you want to find her, and so do I, but she wouldn't want you to risk your health for her," Aqua said as she turned to him and brushed his bangs back gently.

"I just... it's been months since we started looking and we've found virtually nothing. Even Xavier doesn't know much about the Ever Realm," Varian said as he looked into her eyes.

"We will find her, no matter how long it takes us. I promise that we will find her, Varian," Aquaria murmured as she gently held his cheeks in her hands.

Varian smiled a bit as he leaned forward and pressed his lips to hers gently. She melted into the kiss as she gently stroked Varian's cheek with her right thumb, both her hands still cupping his cheeks.