33. Efforts after Efforts

Start from the beginning

Accept this bouquet if you like the box. This is the first gift from my side. Many more to come.

Love you, babe!

Chris"

"Isn't he a little too confident for his current situation?" Elsa asked, sarcastically. 

"There's a box as well." Jade said as she picked up a vintage looking box and showed it to me. 

Elsa opened it. 

There were a lot of things inside it. 

"Let's see what are these things." Elsa said as she picked the items from the box, one by one. 

All the items had small sticky notes on them. 

"A first aid kit." she said as she took out the kit and read the note on it.

"I have seen you cutting yourself a lot of time and instead of cleaning and bandaging the cut, you simply suck the blood out of it. I hope this kit will come handy for you."

"A Swiss knife." 

"I know you're a strong and brave girl and nobody messes with you but it's good to have a small pocket knife with you in case the goons don't buy your threats."

Jade laughed at that remembering that night when I tried to scare the goons. I must say, that was an epic fail. I realized how long we have come from that day.

"A book, 'Think and Grow Rich' by Napoleon Hill" 

"I know you like reading business books and magazines. I remember seeing a pile of them at your apartment. As a businessman myself, I think this book is something which I would recommend all the business officials and aspirants to read. It will widen your horizon in the field of business."

"And the last one, a DVD of a ballroom dance tutorial."

"Babe, I am sure you're good at many things and will excel at everything. This dance DVD will help you ace at dancing since you didn't know much about dancing at the Party in Switzerland. Can't wait to hold your waist and dance."

He noticed me that night while I was dancing with Mr.  Meyer?

"I never imagined that Chris could be this thoughtful. This is so romantic!" Jade said, dreamily as she looked at the gifts and the notes. 

The gifts were indeed very thoughtful. Only if he had done these things before.  

"So, what do you want to do with these gifts, Amber?" Elsa asked. 

"Send this bouquet back to it's owner." I said and walked back towards the sofa. No matter what he does, I just can't seem to erase his hurtful words from my mind. It still rings in my ear every night I go to sleep. 

"And the box?" Jade asked, hopefully. 

"That too." I said as I busied reading one of the random magazines. 

Why is he acting so sweet all of a sudden? 

Can someone change oneself in such a short period of time?

"Hello, Oliver? Yeah...kindly take back your brother's shit which is lying in front of our door or else we will have to ask Mark to get rid of it." Elsa said and cut the call immediately without waiting for his reply.

****

"Mark, did you look into the Adams' party?" I asked Mark who was busy eating his apple pie.

"Yes, Amber. Everything has been taken care of. Mr. Adams is one of our important clients. We cannot afford to make him unhappy. Nothing can go wrong, after all, It's a big day for him and his wife." He replied.

"Who is this Mr. Adams? And what party are you both discussing about?" Elsa asked, curiously.

"You don't remember, Mr. Shane Adams, Elsa? He came to our University last year to deliver a speech on 'Market Research'. Don't you remember drooling over him throughout the seminar?" I asked her. I clearly remember how she was drooling over Mr. Adams that day and didn't stop even when Mr. Adams mentioned that he was married.