26.Gift For Him

Amber's P.O.V:

"The theme of the party is the shades of blue and gray so let's keep the colors in mind and do the decorations accordingly." I told to the event managing team. Everyone nodded their head.

"Also, I want the flowers to be arranged properly and it should fill the entire pillars and stair railings. And please don't add any artificial scent to the flowers as Mr. Collins doesn't like strong scents. Keep the decoration simple yet elegant." I told to the flower arrangement guys. They nodded their head and started their work.

I went and called the caterers to make sure that they knew what dishes are to be made for the party. I also called Jade to bake multi-storey cake for Chris' birthday and asked her to keep it a secret from Ryan as well. Hea and I have decided to not tell Ryan about the party as he never keeps anything from Chris so there are chances that he might spill the secret of the surprise party.

"Amber, I have prepared the list of the guests for the party." Hea said as she came and showed me the list of guests with almost 500 names on the list. The list also included the names of several staffs of the company. It also had the names of Harper and family, Oliver and Elsa.

Wow! So, Elsa is coming as well. Finally, I will get to meet her. It's been such a long time.

"This list is extremely long, Hea." I said as I examined the names on the list from top to down.

"Of course, Amber. It has to be this long. This party is going to be a big one. Chris' grandma wants to make this party really special for him. She would have taken all the responsibility for the party but due her sister's deteriorating health, she had to immediately go and see her. Stavrous is with her." she informed.

"Don't worry, Hea. We won't let Mrs. Collins (Chris' grandma) down. The party will be one of the best parties in town." I assured her as I gave a light squeeze to her hand.

"It's only because of you that I have not freaked out otherwise, I don't know what would I have done without you. Thank you so much, Amber." she said.

"Enough of thank yous. Now let's get to the work." I said as I dragged her along with me into the room where the designer was waiting to take measurements of Hea for her dress for the party.

Designer started taking her measurements and I thought of going out of the room to look after other arrangements when Hea called me.

"Amber..." she called.

"Yes?" I asked turning around to face her.

"Stay here and give your measurements as well." she said.

"My measurements?" I asked, puzzled.

"Yes! I want you to look the prettiest in the party. I want to give you the dress as a gift. Please don't say 'no'." she said, making a puppy face.

"There's no need for..." I was cut off.

"I don't want to hear anything. You will have to accept the dress." she said.

"Fine! Not gonna dishearten you, Hea." I gave in and stood in front of the designer and she started taking my measurements.

Luckily, Hea already had the measurements of Chris, his grandma and his dad. So ordering outfits for them was easy. I personally chose the fabric and color of Chris' tux and intentionally chose the color of bow same as my dress' color.

After the measurements were done, I went to look for other arrangements. The party was going to take place in the huge ball room that their mansion had at the back side of it. Since, Chris is busy with his work and returns late at night so he has no idea about what's going on inside the ball room. I was amazed to see that they had a personal ball room but when you're one of the richest families in the town, nothing is impossible.