Santa Monica

Going on holiday with the Taylor's is just what Amelia needed, they are staying in Santa Monica at a private villa not too far from the beach. They have their own pool too.

Two weeks they are staying at this beautiful place

Two weeks they are staying at this beautiful place. The first few days were spent with jet leg, but after that disappeared they spent it sightseeing, shopping and relaxing, something Roger never has time for on tour.

The fourth morning after they arrived Amelia woke a little after nine and heads downstairs, Roger is nowhere in sight probably still asleep and Dominique is trying to feed Felix, "Morning, do you want me to feed him?"

Dominique is trying to eat her breakfast at the same time, "You're an angel, thank you, Milly."

Amelia takes Felix's spoon and starts with the aeroplane trick, but otherwise, she stays quiet. Dominique sips her coffee watching her son and niece together but she couldn't help noticing that the young girl seems very low in mood, "Milly, are you okay sweetheart? You know you can talk to me if somethings wrong."

Just asking the question sets Amelia off, the tears running down her face, "It's nothing to do with the holiday, I'm glad to be here but having this time to relax also gives me time to think. I miss my dad, I wish I hadn't shut him out as I did."

Once Felix is finished, Dominique puts him on the living room floor to play then sits in front of the teary girl, "Living with us isn't helping is it?"

"I don't mean any offence, I am thankful that you guys have taken me in but I don't have a routine and feel like a stranger in a place that I know you want me to feel at home. Maybe when I'm back at school things will feel better but I just miss talking to him, his hugs but I think it's going to be a while till I go home. He's gone to our house in Munich to record the two albums, so I can't go home."

The older woman frowns, "Who told you?"

"Roger told me when he got my passport last week." Dominique pulls the girl into a hug as Roger comes down the stairs.

She pulls back from Amelia wiping away her tears, "better now you let it out?"

Roger comes over and hugs her to, "tears aren't allowed on holidays unless there tears of happiness."

His cheer up strategy works making her laugh, "So what's the plan for today?" she asks wiping the last of her tears away.

"How about the beach and we can go off a do some girly shopping while Roger spends so time with Felix," Dominique grins when Roger frowns.

"What if I want to do join the girly shop?"

Amelia found a bit of cheekiness, "Sorry uncle Rog, girls only and you only look like one so that doesn't count."

He dramatically holds a hand to his heart, "I'm offended, fine me and Felix will have a boys afternoon."

She giggles getting up from her chair, "Right I'm going to get changed then I'll have some breakfast."