Moving Day

Between now and the live aid chapter, which is many chapters away, the timeline might be a bit all over the place. Also, Amelia's POV is going to be used a lot more often.

It's the last Friday of May and tomorrow is moving day. Amelia had just finished her tutor lessons for the day and is now busy packing her clothes into her boxes and suitcase.

Everything else had been pack it was just her clothes, she couldn't believe how many clothes and shoes she had in her wardrobe so she was sorting it first.

She still has clothes and shoes from when she was 8 and they definitely don't fit her now. There is a t-shirt for every Queen album as well as some tour ones, some fit others don't but instead of throwing them away, she puts them in a keepsake box.

Brian is in the living room with Jimmy so that she isn't home alone, Freddie is at the hairdresser's. She routes through the back of her wardrobe and found something she thought she had lost years ago, Hedgehog.

She ran to the living room to show Brian, "Uncle Brian look what I found!"

He smiles at the cuddly toy he had gifted her years ago, Brian remembers the tear-filled nights after Amelia had lost him. They believed it was lost on tour but it seems they were wrong.

"I can't believe you found him, where was he?"

"The back of my wardrobe. I don't know how he got there."

"Are you going to keep him or are you too old for teddies now?"

Amelia looked at him offended, "of course I'm keeping him. Your never to old for teddies." Brian holds his hands up in surrender, grinning like a mad man.

Jimmy had other ideas he had seen the hedgehog and wanted it. The young boy was nearing his second birthday and could now walk with ease but he chose to cruel over while they were talking and reached up to tug at the hedgehog.

Looking down at the tugging Amelia saw Jimmy by her legs trying to pull the hedgehog out of her arms. Amelia's immediate reaction is to pull it away from the boy.

But Jimmy is having none of it and stands up to try again pulling at Amelia's top thinking that would work but Amelia just held it higher.

She looks at Brian torn about what to do, she knows the teddy is meant for children Jimmy's age but she still loves it and wants to keep it.

Brian understood the look and told the boy no, which caused Jimmy to have a tantrum. Amelia panics, "I didn't mean to make him cry."

"It not your fault Milly, he has to learn. He'll forget about it by bedtime, don't worry."

Once Jimmy has calmed down, Amelia has an idea. She runs to her room then comes back with a box labelled teddies.

She left the Hedgehog, the cat teddy Freddie had given her at the hospital and the Bambi teddy she got from Disney, in her bedroom where he couldn't get them and put the box on the floor. "He can have one of these if he wants."

"Are you sure?" Brian smiles touched by the kind gesture.

"Yeah I don't need all of them, it's just that hedgehog, kitten and Bambi are special to me." Amelia tips the box over so that Jimmy can look inside.

While Jimmy is looking, Freddie arrives home and Amelia's jaw drops. She knew her dad had been growing a moustache but now his hair is cut short and his moustache groomed. Amelia wasn't entirely sure it was him.

"So what do you think?" Freddie gestures to the new look.

Brian couldn't believe it either, "It's different." He wasn't the only one who had cut his hair, both Roger and John had cut their hair shorter.