"Focus Your Aura"

3000 B.C.E.

POV: Percy

Location: Mount Olympus

"Dodge! Duck! Dip! Dive! Dodge!" Ares calls out, "Come on Jackson, I thought you were better than this!"

I whirl to my left, avoiding a thrust from Xander's spear as I cut high towards his neck. He ducks under my slash and rolls back out of range of my sword, but still keeping me in range of his spear. I hear a whistling and instinctively duck. An arrow flies by right where my head was a second ago. I turn and acknowledge the hooded figure behind me with the bow. I can't see her face, but I'm fairly certain Sheena is smirking under her hood.

"My head was right there Sheena!"

"Oops, my bad." She calls out, "I was aiming for your neck."

"Less chitchat with the enemy!" Ares roars, "And why haven't you three beaten Jackson yet!?"

I deflect Xander's spear thrust and then feel something pointy against my neck, "That's game Perce."

I smirk, "You should know me better by now Alex."

"What are you -" The daughter of Demeter is cut off by a high-pressure blast of water from inside the folds of my cloak.

I hold up an empty vial, "Always have a secret weapon."

"Hey!" Sheena cries, "Come on Ares, this is weapon training, not powers."

Ares raises an eyebrow, "Are your powers not weapons? You should have thought of that sooner. You three are letting Jackson hold all of the cards."

"So we can use our powers, huh?" Xander smirks, "In that case..."

A bolt of lightning comes out of the sky and strikes the son of Zeus' spear. He then directs it towards me. I wave my hand in front of me, and the puddles of water all over the training ground fly up, intercepting the lightning. Unfortunately, it also vaporized the water.

"Styx." I curse.

Raising my sword over my head, I begin to step forward towards Alex, but find my feet stuck in place. I look down to see plants wrapped around my ankles, locking me in place. I deflect the daughter of Demeter's sword and look up. My eyes widen as I see Sheena draw an ear-splittingly familiar arrow design. I wildly slash at the vines around my feet as Sheena draws back her bow. By the time I'd gotten free, she'd already released the arrow. I roll out of the path of the arrow and sprint towards the archer. Behind me, the arrow strikes Alex on the back, sticking to the shield on strapped onto her back. The instant it make contact, a screeching sound is released into the room. Xander and Alex, who were closest to the arrow, took the brunt of the noise, falling over and clutching their ears. I'd managed to get faro enough away, but it still hurt like Hades. Sheena widens her eyes and swings her bow at me. I' not sure what she was trying to accomplish, maybe brain me with the bow. I slide under the wild swing and raise my sword up, cutting the string. The instantaneous release of tension causes the bow to flick out and strike Sheena in the side of her head, knocking her out cold.

I stand up and sheathe my sword. Ares nods at me.

"Not bad kid." He says, "Not bad at all. Your Guardian is going to be one lucky immortal in a few weeks."

I bow, "Thank you, teacher."

"Don't call me that." He grumbles, "It makes me sound like Athena."

I laugh softly as he snaps his fingers. Instantly, the other three Guardians-in-training begin to shift and sit up, groaning.

"Alright you three..." Ares begins, "WHAT IN HADES HAPPENED?" He roars out.

"Oh come on dad." Sheena says, "We did better than last time."