Remember Me?

POV: Percy

Location: Hunters' Camp, Pine Barrens, NJ.

An explosion sounds from outside Artemis' tent and I wince. I notice that Artemis does as well.

"We're under attack!" The Hunter next to me, Catania, calls out.

Artemis nods, "Yes, now follow me!"

Artemis and the two Hunters race out of the tent, and I follow. Then, I remember something.

"Styx! My spear!" I say out loud.

Zoe turns to me, "Try this."

She tosses me...a pen?

"What in Hades am I supposed to do with a pen?" I demand.

"Uncap it." She says and races out of the tent.

Uncap it? I uncap the pen. Instead of being a normal pen, the moment I uncap it, it starts to change. It elongated and expands, becoming longer and heavier in my hand. An instant later, I'm holding a bronze sword. It's glowing slightly from the leaf-shaped blade. The best part is that it feels balanced in my hands, the first sword to feel like that.

"Let's get this party started." I grin and take a step forward.

The instant I do, I'm overwhelmed by a flood of information that just appears in my head. I suddenly have a lot of sword-fighting information. It's all stuff I shouldn't know. I've never used a sword before, have I?

I shake it off. The Hunters need help, and I owe them for helping me out. I like to settle my debts. With that final thought, I race out of the tent and into the fray.

POV: Artemis
Location: Hunters' Camp, Pine Barrens, NJ.

"Dracenae archers, three o'clock!" I hear a Hunter yell out and I instinctively duck.

About five arrows whizz over my head. I look up. The entire camp is in ruins. Tents are burning, There are three Hunters dead. The rest are trying to fight back the seemingly endless waves of monsters. I nock three arrows at once and let them fly. Because they attacked my Hunters, they indirectly attacked me, so I can let loose with all of the power I have. A hellhound gets close to me and I swing my bow around, clipping the monster with the knife on the end of it, turning the beast into dust. I start running through the camp, shooting arrows left and right, but for every monster that falls, it seems that another two take it's place.

I feel another Hunter fall.

I need to end this quickly.

"Zoe, maneuver seven!" I yell out.

She cuts a dracenae in half with her hunting knives and turns to me.

I race towards her as she cups her hands. I place one foot on the interlocked hands and she launches them upwards. This gives me the extra momentum to get high enough. While hanging in midair, I fire off at least twenty arrows. As I begin to fall, I sling my bow over my shoulder and draw my hunting knives. I land on top of a dracenae and drive both of them home into her neck. The snake-woman dissolves. I feel something stab into my side, right under my ribs. It strikes my liver and I cry out in pain. I claw at the spear, but it's quickly with drawn and another drives inward and upward on my left side. It bypasses my ribs and punctures my lung. I fall over and begin coughing up ichor.

Then, I feel a wave of energy and a deep, commanding voice calls out, "You will not harm her."

I manage to turn my head slightly, and I see, to my amazement, Percy Jackson. He is not like he would be in this time. He is as I remember him from almost two thousand years ago. I even see a flicker of his old Guardian cloak, though that may just be me hallucinating through the pain. He is standing there, anger in his eyes, as he clutches Anaklusmos. The power he radiates is beyond overwhelming. It's as if his entire body is pulsing with energy, which is probably exactly what is happening. Everyone knew that he was the strongest of the Guardians, but no one knew exactly how strong he truly was.