Prompt #11

Based off of the song i luv him by Catie Turner

She sighed as she sat across the room from the boy she longed to be near. His sleeping head leaning on the small russian's shoulder. His deep breathes going whisps of her hair with each exhale. How she longed to be the one he did that with. In a story not too long ago she was that one.

But much has changed. She knew that much. She leaned her head against the fragile walls of the apartment. Her bottom hurting from the bared flooring. It's only been a year but she's has grown a lot since then. Danielle didn't know much about herself but she knew one thing.

She loved Dillion Marlo, but she long ago let him go. Because the timing for the duo never seemed to be right. Even right now they were only a few feet apart but they seemed a galaxy away as she watched Ryan smile and brush a strand of his hair out of his face.

It pained her heart to see another girl doing what used to be her job. Holding his hand, wiping his tears away, but she knew he didn't need her right now. He needed someone else. Ryan, Andy, Lake and the Twins. The distance didn't feel good on her heart but seeing him smile more, laugh more. Not pass his reflection in the glass of the trophy cases where his brother's awards laid and flinch as much anymore.

He was growing. As she was. And maybe one day they will find each other again but today she stayed in her spot. "Hey." She looked over saw the blonde smiling sadly at her. Dani gave the kind girl a smile. "He's just.."

"It's okay Jess." Dani shifted and laid her head on the smaller girl's shoulders and closed her eyes. "I know." She hummed as she interlaced her fingers with the girl.

"We will grow together at a distance and maybe one day... he will be happy enough to love himself just as much as I love him." She muttered with a smile as she opened her eyes and saw the boy slowly waking up.

He opened his eyes locking them with her bright blue ones and she gave him a tired smile before closing her own. Feeling Jess' fingers split apart her curls gently lulled her asleep.