Chapter Fourteen - August 17th

I was sat up in bed, reading a book when Jacob awoke from his long sleep.

"Morning," he said.

I grinned at him. "Good afternoon," I replied.

"Afternoon?"

"Yup," I said, popping the 'p'. "It's gone two."

"Damn. Why are you still in bed?"

"I'm staying out of Lily's way. Could you possibly go and get me some food and drink? I'm starving."

"Sure. How are you feeling his morning?"

I suppose despite my happy mood facade, he could slightly tell it was a false representation on how I felt.

"I'm fine."

"You say that way too much, D. You're not fine. You couldn't be, not after yesterday."

"Why couldn't I be fine?"

"Because of what Lily said."

I put the book down and turned towards him. "It's no big deal. I'm over it. Lily doesn't like me anymore, so what? If she can't accept me, why should I care?"

"Really? Just like that and you're done? No fighting, no standing up for yourself, you're just 'over it'?"

"Exactly."

"Then why don't you just go downstairs yourself?"

"Despite being over it, I'm still accepting her wishes. If you don't want to get me food that's fine."

"No, I'm fine getting you food. Give me a minute."

"Thanks, J."

"Always, D."

I smiled at my best friend. My only best friend. It was always hard to pick who was closer to me, Lily or Jacob, but now I know. If Lily was even slightly a good friend, she wouldn't of acted the way she did. She would of been happy for me.

***

I heard a tap at my window. I opened the still closed curtains, the bright sun burning my eyes. There, standing on a ladder was Sebastian. He grinned when he saw me.

I opened the window. "Seb, what the hell are you doing?"

"I figured Lily wouldn't let me in, so I took a chance."

"You're the cutest."

I helped Sebastian through the window. I pulled him into a hug the minute his feet touched the floor, he held me back tightly.

Sebastian dropped the bag that he had on his back down on the ground. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm alright. How about you?"

"I don't believe you, but I won't push you. I'm good. A little disappointed, and hurt, but other than that I'm a-okay."

"Thanks. So, what brings you here?" I asked, siting down on my bed.

Sebastian came and sat next to me. "I thought I'd give you some company."

"Thanks. I appreciate you being here."

"Where's Jacob?"

"He's downstairs making me food."

"That's nice of him."

"Yeah."

"Want him to join us?"

"Join us with what?"

Sebastian stood up, grabbed his bag and emptied it onto my bed. A bunch of films and snacks littered my bed. "I thought we could have a movie day. Jacob is welcome to join us."