Chapter Ten - August 5th

I turned over onto my back. It must of still been pretty early, as I couldn't hear anyone moving in the tent, nor outside the tent.

"Seb, are you awake?" I whispered.

"Yeah, I'm awake," he replied.

I rolled over to face him. He was already on his side looking in my direction. He grinned at me.

"Morning," he said, voice full of sleep.

"Morning," I answered.

"Sleep well?"

"As well as I can in an itchy sleeping bag, and the thought of bugs crawling over me. What about you?"

"About the same." He grinned over at me. "So, about last night?"

"What about last night?"

"The whole, me carrying you back, thing?"

"Oh. I'm sorry you had to do that."

"Don't apologise, you moron. If I hadn't of carried you, we probably still wouldn't be back here, so it was my pleasure."

"I'm sorry that I'm clumsy."

"Dean, stop aplogising. You were freaking out, I get it. How is your ankle by the way?"

"It feels fine. I'll have to see how it feels standing on it."

"If it still hurts, I can always carry you all day."

"No, I think I'm okay, thanks."

"You sure? You must've loved my strong arms, wrapped around your petite body."

"Shut up, Sebastian, you're not funny."

"I wasn't trying to be, Mr. Grumpy Pants."

Sebastian rolled over onto his back and crossed his arms over his chest.

"I'm not grumpy, but I didn't enjoy your arms around me at all. In fact, it made me uncomfortable."

"Stop lying to yourself, D."

I huffed out a deep breath. Why does he do this? How does he manage to get me so worked up in such little time? "Don't call me that," I hissed.

"Last night you said I could," Sebastian pointed out.

I tensed. I did say that, but I also didn't mean it. "I don't care what I said last night. Don't call me 'D'," I said, forcefully.

"Alright, D."

"I honestly hate you," I groaned, sitting up.

"I don't think you do."

"Yeah, I do."

"No. Dean, if you really hated me, you would of point blank refused to share a tent with me. If you really hated me, you wouldn't of let me carry you no matter how much pain you were in. If you really hated me, you would of refused to come on this camping trip the minute you found out I was coming. Truth is, Dean, you enjoy arguing with me. It gives you purpose, and joy."

I stared wide-eyed at the boy lying on the ground. Was he right? Did I enjoy the arguments, even if I could never win them? The answer was no.

"You're such a loser, Sebastian."

I stood up from the ground, and limped out of the compartment, leaving Sebastian staring after me. He didn't even try to stop me, I'm not sure why but this caused my heart to hurt a little. Maybe, it was a sign that really, deep down, I wanted to be friends with Sebastian.

"Hey, mate," Jacob greeted.

He was sitting in the large compartment in our tent, reading some novel he'd bought along.