Chapter Three - July 23rd

I woke to someone shaking me violently.

"Dean, wake up," I heard a voice hiss into my ear.

I swatted the hand that was on my arm away. "Go away," I groaned.

"D, it's half eleven, get up! We wanna go out."

I slowly opened my eyes to see Lily leaning over me, a large frown on her face. "Why are you in my room?" I asked.

"You're on the sofa, you moron."

I rubbed my eyes and looked around. I was in fact asleep on the sofa in the front room.

"I must have fallen asleep," I said, swinging my legs from the coach.

"Clearly. Go get dressed, we're going to the beach."

"Alright."

I stood up, stretching my aching limbs in the process, then made my way up stairs to my room.

When I was dressed in some swimming trunks and a loose white shirt, I joined my friends in the front room. Everybody was waiting, beach bags in hand.

"Finally," Marie groaned.

"I wasn't that long, geez. Where's Jacob?" I asked, when I noticed he wasn't in the front room.

Marie tensed. "He went out last night, didn't come back."

"And you didn't go looking for him?"

"No, why would I?"

"You guys go ahead, I'll find Jacob and we'll meet you guys down there," I said.

"Are you sure?" Lily questioned.

"Positive."

"Alright, we'll see you later."

I waved them goodbye. Soon as the door was shut, I fished my phone from my pocket and dialed Jacob's number.

"Hello?"Jacob answered, clearly either drunk or hungover.

"Where are you, man?"

"D!" he slurred.

"Jacob, where are you?"

"I'm not quite sure, if I'm honest." He began laughing, manically. I could just imagine the stares he was getting from the locals.

"Could you ask someone?"

"Sure."

I faintly heard him talking to someone, I couldn't quite make out what they were saying though.

"I'm sitting on the club outside a nightclub," he told me.

"Care to elaborate?"

"D, I don't want you to come get me. If you do, I have to face Marie and I really don't want too."

"You don't have to, I'm on my own, I promise."

"Really?"

"Yeah, Jacob. They're all down at the beach."

"Promise?"

"I promise, Jacob. How about, I come and get you, then you and I can come back to the house, and you can have some sleep, yeah?"

"Alright. I'm outside 'Benny's bar',"

"I'll be there as soon as I can. Stay put."

"Alright."

I hung up the phone, dropped the bag in my hand, then headed out. I got up Google maps on my phone as I made my way out of the large front garden.

I followed the directions on the phone, till I saw him. Jacob was sitting on the curb, head in hands. I jogged over to him, he looked up as I neared.