Chapter Seven - July 26th

I rubbed my eyes sleepily. It was half seven, and honestly I had no idea why I was awake.

I quietly stood up from my bed and padded out of the room, trying carefully to not wake up Jacob, who was snoring loudly wrapped in a sheet.

I closed the door, then headed for the kitchen to make myself some breakfast.

I grabbed a bowl from one of the cupboards, grabbed the Coco Puffs from on top of the freezer, I got milk from the fridge then made myself a bowl, adding the milk last.

I was halfway through my breakfast when I heard footsteps walk towards the kitchen.

"Morning," I said.

"Morning," Lily replied, cheerily as she walks in.

"You're up early."

"Yeah, I'm so tired."

"Go back to bed then," I suggested, then shovelled the final spoon of Coco Pops into my mouth.

"I would, but we're going to out today."

"Yep! We're going to the fair!"

"Oh, sweet. When?"

"We're meeting Seb, Jeremy, Lewis and Billy at eleven," she informed me, getting herself a bowl out of the cupboard.

"We're hanging out with them? Again? That'll be the third day in a row!" I complained, standing up and dumping my bowl and spoon in the sink.

"They're a lot of fun, D."

"If you say so. Can I pass on today, then?"

"Nope, you're coming with. No questions asked, so go get ready and get everyone up," she demanded, sitting in one of the dining room chairs.

"It's only eight," I pointed out.

"And by the time you've showered and got dressed it'll be around ten."

"Why can't you just get everyone up at nine or something?"

"I suppose I can."

"Great. I'll see you later then."

***

I jogged down the stairs, Jacob following behind me.

"You looking forward to today?"

I stepped off the bottom step. "I'm looking forward to the fair, I'm not looking forward to Sebastian."

"It'll be fine, like it was fine yesterday," Jacob reassured me.

"I know. I know. What time is it?" I asked, as I sat down on the armchair.

Jacob looked at the watch on his wrist. "Half eleven."

"We were supposed to meet them at eleven," I stated.

"Where's Lily?"

"In her room, I think."

"I'm right here, losers," Lily said, as she walked into the living room. "Where are the other two?"

"I have no clue," I told her, standing up.

"They'll just be left behind then, we're already late."

"Alright, let's go."

I follow Lily and Jacob out of the door and to Lily's car. I climbed into the passenger seat, did my seatbelt up and waited for the car to start. Seconds later, we were pulling out of the driveway, and were on the road to the fair.

The fair was half an hour away from the house.

Sebastian and his friends were standing by the gates, chatting and smiling. I climbed out of the passenger seat and walked over to them, Jacob and Lily following close behind.