Chapter 23

Christmas was fast approaching and I was working more than usual. My teachers were also giving me so much work and I was now regretting not listening to Lexi about dropping one or two Ap classes.

Tonight Jake, Embry, Quill and I were going to the cinema to see The Maze Runner. Austin was hanging out with Liv tonight and I thought it was great they were getting along.

I waited outside the cinema for Jake, Quill and Embry to show up. I was so excited to hang out with the three of them tonight as the four of us hadn't got to hang out properly in over a month.

Jake and Quill emerged from Jake's Rabbit but Em wasn't there for some reason. I hugged my two best friends before asking the million dollar question. "Hey where's Em?"

"He had a thing" Quill replied.

"He had to work." Jake told me the same time Quill did.

"A work thing." Jake finalised. I glared at the two idiots.

"I'm not stupid. I know Embry doesn't have a job so is one of you really going to tell me what is going on?"

"Amara got in a fight with her boyfriend and Embry said that he'd stay with her tonight." Seriously was that it? Embry was spending a night hanging out with his upset step-sister. No there had to be more to the story than that Quill and Jake knew I wouldn't get pissed at Embry for hanging out with Amara when she was upset. The two of them were as close as could be. I knew nobody would tell me the real story so I decided I would find out myself. But not tonight, tonight all I would be doing is hanging out with two of my best friends.

After the film Jake, Quill and I went to McDonalds. Once again Jake and Quill were trying to convince me I could do way better then Austin and I was once again reminded why recently I had been avoiding everyone in the pack apart from Paul and Embry as they were the only ones not constantly telling me what a mistake I was making by marrying Austin.

I knew something was wrong when I walked in to my house. Jake and Quill were pissing me off by how much they wanted me to break it off with Austin so I left earlier than expected. I walked up the stairs and I could hear moaning from one of the rooms upstairs.

I shut off my supernatural hearing as I did not want to hear whoever Olivia was fucking. I went tiredly dragged myself into my room but what I saw shocked any drowsiness right out of my system. "Mia this isn't what it looks like I swear!" Austin screamed in shock but I just sent him a look.

"Fuck you. I'm sick of you hurting and cheating on me over and over again! Have your fucking ugly-ass ring back! Now get the fuck out of my house! Both of you!" I shook in anger, bitterness and hatred. Any and every negative emotion possible shot threw my body but as I tried to calm myself the shaking just got worse.

"Mia, please just let Austin explain! It
was out of our control! We were going to tell you! We never wanted you to find out like this!" Olivia begged and I didnt move a muscle. I didn't even blink. I was so shocked but of course just as things were starting to get good again my fíonce imprints on my cousin.

"Both of you get the hell out and never come back." My voice was deadly quiet and they scrambled out of my room. I now totally understood why Leah hated Sam and Emily so much and why she wanted to go away to college. When I was sure Austin was far enough away he wouldn't hear me I bursted into tears.