Chapter 26

I sat on the front porch step waiting. When a silver ford pulled up in the drive way I lunged at the fourteen year old boy who was like a brother to me. Seth sent me a grin and I smiled back at him. After letting go of my tight grip of Seth I tackled Leah into a massive bear hug.

Sue had gone straight in the house, however the four of us decided to chill outside while freezing our butts off. Well technically that wasn't true because none of us could actually feel the cold but if we were humans we would.

Leah and Evan had decided to go inside because Evan was 'cold' he may of fooled everyone else who hadn't ever set foot outside of Forks long enough to consider other species than shapeshifter and Vampires existed. But Me? I had spent many times outside this silly little town and I knew the truth. Everything in every little fairy tale I had ever heard existed and Evan wasn't even that discreet. It was obvious to anyone who knew that he was a werewolf but unfortunately everyone else in the pack believed it was only us and vampires.

If you were confused my pack are shape shifters our species can turn into any animal depending on our parents and pack it just so happened my pack turned in to wolves. Evan was a werewolf he had no choice to turn in to a wolf once a month when the full moon forced him to. Werewolves have no control over what they do when they turn Shape Shifters however did. We had a conscious in our animal form and lastly we were mortal and Werewolves are immortal. As long as we phased in to our desired animals shape shifters were immortal like werewolves but most stop phasing after a few years to age with their families and respective mates.

I laid my head on Seth's shoulder as we talked about what happened between Austin and I. I knew Austin could hear me but I didn't care I needed to tell someone that wasn't Leah even if she could hear this conversation.

A little while later Sue called us in for lunch and I was so tempted to run away. I didn't want to have lunch with three happy couples especially when one of the happy couples was my ex-fíonce and my cousin. We all listened to Leah's stories of college and then Charlie and Sue made the announcement that they were getting married in February. They had most of the arrangements done for the wedding too they just had to get the suits and dresses etc. Sue also wanted Leah and I to be her bridesmaids which I wasn't that glad about because I wanted nothing to do with my dad but I didn't let it show.

-----------
Seth and I were walking thorough the woods with Jake, Nessie, Edward and Bella. I had changed my plans from staying at the Cullen's to staying at Embry's which wasn't surprising at all since his mum was like one to me as I never really had one.

I barely ever went home anymore which made Charlie worse when I did but I was never there for long as I only ever went back for clothes not that anyone but Olivia and Charlie knew that though. It had gotten to the point where Charlie had hid all the keys that could possibly let me out or in so I would stop running away and staying with friends which was usually either Embry, Alex and Quill, Kim, Emily and Sam or Paul. Surprisingly they hadn't talked to each other about it so they hadn't realised that I only went home once in a blue moon and on the occasion I couldn't stay with any of them I slept in my office at my modelling agency that I owned. I was about to climb up to Embry's window when I heard him and his step-sister, Amara talking.

I know I shouldn't of but I eavesdropped on Amara and Embry and I learnt my lesson even if I was slightly intoxicated hence why I was going to climb up to Embry's window instead of knocking on the front door like a normal person.

When Amara left Embry's bedroom I climbed up through the window and smiled at him. I got changed into my pyjamas even though it wasn't that late it was only ten but I found them so much more comfier than my usual clothes. I climbed under the duvets on Embry's bed while he put on Perks of Being a Wallflower which was one of my favourite movies and books ever.

I snuggled up to Embry's bare chest when he got under covers but I needed to know if what he was discussing with Amara was true or if I misheard. "Em? I heard Amara and you earlier before I came, is it true?"

"It's not what you think Mi. Amara and I's relationship is like Quill and Claire's or Nessie's and Jake's but we don't think it will progress or at least we really hope it doesn't. It's not like I'm in love with her or anything it's just like I need to protect her. She's my over half in a family kind of way."

"So kind of like a kindred soul?" I was confused anyone would be if they were me.

"A kindred soul?"

"Yeah it's kind of like a spiritual thing. Figuratively speaking your soul was split in half and that person knows your needs and wants and they are basically your other half whether they are like a family member or a lover you know you have to look after them and you wouldn't want to live without them." Embry nodded knowing that it was exactly what his and Amara's relationship and I slowly fell asleep listening to Embry's steady heart rate. I wanted someone to love me like Embry who I could trust and who was kind and caring. I just hoped that one day I would find someone as amazing as him to spend the rest of my life with. I wish that I would find my kindred soul.