Another week went by and I was starting to do the stair exercises. I was only going up and down a few of them, but it was exhausting. Alexander started to help me with the stairs.

"I have a proposition for you." Alexander winked at me.

"You do love your propositions." I laughed.

"You know it." Alexander gave me a huge grin, "Every step you take I have to give you a kiss."

"I like that one." I told him.

"Better than our first proposition?" He asked cocking his head to the side.

"Nothing is better than that first proposition." I leaned in to kiss him and he backed away.

"Nope you need to earn that kiss." Alexander said pointing to the stairs.

I walked over with my cane to the steps and lifted my foot to step on the first step. I got onto the first step and he kissed me. He moved up one step and I followed him with another step, and he kissed me again. I went up three more before I was tired then he guided me back down the stairs and we sat in the living room.

"How was your session with Dr. Cross?" Alexander asked pulling me into his arms.

"It was really good." I informed him. "We talked about how I'm going to feel when you go back to work." I leaned into him, "You know I'm going to be ok."

"I know but I'm not returning to work anytime soon." He told me.

"You don't have to worry about me." I tried to sound happy, "I'm hoping to get back to work soon myself."

"Yeah well you're not rushing anything, you need to focus on your health first." Alexander kissed my head and it meant end of this discussion.

"Alexander..." I started to say.

"Please just don't. I will go back to work when I'm ready." He smirked at me, "And I'm still your boss."

"Okay boss." I winked at him.

"Are you mocking me?" Alexander reached his hands to my waist and started tickling me.

"I'm sorry." I laughed, "Stop." I kept having a fit of giggles and I couldn't breathe.

Alexander stopped tickling me and kissed me. "I'm so proud of you."

"You are?" I asked smiling.

"You survived so much baby and you had a setback but now you are doing amazingly." Alexander kissed me, "I'm so glad I have my wife again, I've missed you."

"I'm so glad you stayed with me after the hell I put you through." I nuzzled my head into his neck, "I'd be so lost without you."

"You'll never lose me. I promise you I'll always be there no matter what." Alexander kissed the top of my head and we just sat on the couch holding each other.

The rest of the week I worked really hard trying to walk up the stairs and on Friday I was able to reach the top without any help. I walked to Alexander's office and opened the door. He looked up at me in wonder.

"Baby are you by yourself?" Alexander asked standing up from behind his desk.

"Yes." I answered him as he walked towards me.

He picked me up and gave me a tight hug. "I'm so proud of you." Alexander was beaming with happiness.

"I want to ask you something without you getting upset." I looked into his eyes.

"Baby you can ask me anything." He kissed me.

"I want to go to work on Monday." I gave him a half smile.