Hidden

I look around the room. All seven of the Supremacy Scientists were there. Trying to keep their composure. Their eyes held back a flood of emotions.

The Supremacy tightens their smiles.

"And why might we be graced by your presence?" One of them asks, who I assumed is the spokesperson.

"As I had said, we all need to talk." I inspect each of them again, each of the Scientist' expressions getting tighter and tighter, holding back the true reactions. I'm sure they enjoyed my disturbance.

The spokesperson talks again. "What might we have to talk about?"

I smile sweetly at them, hiding all my anger behind. "I will get to that," I say with schadenfreude. "Before that, why don't you all introduce yourselves to me."

The spokesperson's face couldn't hold back anymore, it twisted into an angry scowl. Clearly, he doesn't like that I am now controlling the conversation. His mouth opens, probably to say something abhorrent. "We aren't-"

He is cut off by one of the other Supremacy Scientists.

"Edward, we don't want to say something foul to our lovely," She pronounces lovely a note too high, "guest here, do we? She asked a reasonable question and we have it in our ability to answer it, so we will." She smiles at me then turns to the Scientist named Edward. When they assume I am not paying attention anymore, she looks at him in the eye, seeming to tell him something. Edward nods ever so lightly and then turns to me.

"Very well. I am Edward. Edward England."

The Scientist next to him introduces herself and they all introduce themselves in a circle.

Edward, Adria, Duke, Cari, Rian, Indigo, and Serenity. Four women and three men. These people are the Supremacy Scientists.

I stare at each Scientist, studying them, deciding if they are going to be helpful.

Adria clears her throat. "Now that you have met all of us, please tell us why you came." Her voice is melodic but harsh. The other woman who had spoken, who I now know as Indigo, had a harmonious voice, as if she was singing a song with each word she spoke.

They all stare expectantly at me.

I recollect my thoughts and speak. "Yes of course. I'm going to be really clear." I pause to study each of them again, postulating their reaction when I tell them. "Tell me where True is. I know you have him." As soon as I spoke True's name, something ignited in each of their eyes.

I now stare at them expectantly, waiting for their vocal response.

Duke speaks up. "Will you please repeat the name? The whole name."

"True. True Arrow." My eyebrows at them, in curiousity. This is not what I was expecting. They should know who they took. Not needing to be clarified.

Their tight smiles disappear. The blazing red is still in their eyes. They know exactly who he is, but there's something else there. Some sort of sorrow. Their eyes had darkened when I spoke the name. It's almost as if they were the people who had been snatched of him.

"How do you know him?" Cari demands. This just keeps getting worse and worse. What was this other protectiveness? Why were they being like this?

"You know how. Now tell me, where is he?" This must be some ploy, some way to distract me. He was here and I was not going to lose sight on why I am here, here to take him back.

Rian rubs his eyes and sighs. "We don't know who he is." He's lying. They really should not underestimate. What do they take me for? A fool? But then again, it may work to my advantage...