P R O L O G U E

(Edited)

The lone living descendant of the Rosier family stood at the King's Cross station with a trolley containing her luggage. Clarence, her white owl that she had bought in Diagon Alley sat perched in it's cage as she looked around.

It was a rare sight, an impeccably dressed child – alone, with a weird taste for a pet, strutting with poise as she pushed her luggage through the crowd all the while glancing around as her pin straight hair moved with her.

Artemis Rosier finally came to a stop in front of platforms 9 and 10 as she glanced back at the ticket in her hand. Her caretaker Mrs Martha had been the one to drop her off at the station, albeit she may have forgotten to mention how exactly she was supposed to get into platform 9¾.

Although, Artemis was a pureblood and grew up around magic, she had never been to see anyone off for the Hogwarts express. She didn't have any siblings or parents, or family for that matter, none that were alive, atleast. The last of her family being her Grandmother Mariet Rosier who had passed away a year back.

The black haired witch glanced at her watch to see it read 10:45 am. Her train left in fifteen minutes. She glanced around again in an attempt to spot anyone who seemed to be of magical lineage but all she saw were muggles. She huffed.

In a desperate last attempt, she discreetly pulled out her wand and started tapping the bricks on the wall between the two platforms. That's how we got into Diagon Alley. She thought. The wall stood unyielding.

"Hey! What are—" The young witch whipped around to see two identical tall red-heads who seemed to be around her age standing in front of her.

"You doing?" His twin completed his sentence.

"Yeah you look—"

"Suspicious." One started the sentence and the other completed it.

"There was a fly." Artemis blurted out as she hid her wand behind her back, assuming them to be muggles as they were clad in muggle clothing.

"Really? Because it didn't–" The taller twin began but he was cut off by a woman's voice.

"Fred! George! Where have you two been? And how dare you leave Ron with your trolleys alone! He could've been kidnapped!" The young witch saw a middle aged short woman with the same shade of flaming hair appear from behind the twins with her hands on her hips.

"He was being annoying mum!" Whined the other twin.

"You're annoying!" Came another voice from behind that belonged to another redhead that was pushing 2 trolleys.

How many more are there? Artemis thought to herself.

"Ron! Look! A spider!" Said the same twin making Ron shriek. The twins high-fived as their mother came forward and grabbed them by their ears.

"Ow ow ow!" Both exclaimed simultaneously.

"IS THAT HOW I'VE TAUGHT YOU TO TREAT YOUR SIBLINGS– oh hello there dear! are you a first year too?" She looked at Artemis as Artemis sheepishly nodded indicating a yes.

______________________

A/N: Let me know what you think 🦋
Vote and Comment if you like it 💜