As we got in the car, Keigo let out a deep sigh and relaxed into the seat. "We won't be leaving for New York for about three or four weeks, so take some time to visit family." The blonde said and looked at me. "I just might do that." I smiled wide and scratched Kofi's nose through the carrier.

~~~~~

The cold crisp air cut through my lungs as I made my way back into my apartment, Kofi eagerly meowing to be let out of the carrier so he could be reunited with his cat tree that looked out of the window. "I can't believe that week flew by, Kofi." I sighed as I set the carrier down on the ground, letting my black coated cat out. His excited meows rang out through the silent apartment as he leaped up to the top of the cat tree. I set my bags down and walked over to my fridge, grabbing myself a bottle of water and promptly plopping down on the couch immediately after to relax.

'I wonder what's happened since I've been in Italy' I thought to myself as I sat my phone down on the coffee table, next to my water.

*1 message from Mama Bear*

(Y/N)! I thought I told you to call me when you got home!                                                                             2:35pm

'Oh fuck..Wait how does she know I'm home?' My mind clicked into curiosity as I read the notification from the couch and slowly picked up the phone.

Sorry Mama, it completely slipped my mind. Do you want to talk over the phone?                      2:37pm

I sent the text and patiently awaited my mother to call and when she did, I picked up the phone and answered without skipping a beat. "Hi Mama!" My voice jumped an octave as the phone call began. "Hello sweet girl! How was Italy? Oh, you HAVE to tell me everything!" My mother sounded like a school girl when it came to potential gossip. "Italy was honestly perfect, it was hard to warm up to Keigo but-" The instant I mentioned Keigo, I heard my mother pull the phone away from her mouth and let out the loudest girly squeal I have ever heard. "(Y/N)!! Stop everything and tell me every little thing about Keigo! I need to know!!" As much I hated talking about girly things, it was nice to hear my mother get this excited.

"I don't really know where to start when it comes to Keigo." My cheeks slightly burned from the blush forming. "He's tall..messy blonde hair and stubble on his chin. His eyes...God, his eyes are so beautiful Mama..." She simply let out a soft chuckle. "They're the color of the bright sun and warm honey. He has the most perfect smile and his voice! I simply cannot explain how perfect he is Mama..." My face warmed to a faint pink as I heard my mother laugh.

"I hope I meet him soon! What are you going to do now that you're back in Japan?" My mother asked.

"Definitely make more designs and work at the shop. How is Papa holding up?" My voice faltered as I grabbed my water bottle and cracked open the lid, slowly taking a sip as I placed my phone on my lap and tapping the speaker button. "He's getting better. He still refuses to take a break from work, but you know how he always is." I heard her sigh and my heart sank.

My father's health has never been the greatest. He battled kidney cancer for a little over a year which damaged one of his kidneys, resulting in it getting removed. He's luckily been okay with one kidney but if needed, I told my father I would donate one of my kidneys since we are a perfect match. "Has he cut back on smoking at all?" I asked after sitting in silence for a while. "He has a little bit, but he still picks up a cigarette every now and then..."

'I wish he would listen to Mama....' My mind wandered as my mother talked about how the weather has been in Tokyo.

A sudden buzz startled me and I peaked at my phone seeing a text message from Keigo. "Hey, Mama? I hafta go, I'm getting pretty tired and I need to eat something.." I lied through my teeth and to my surprise, she believed me. "Okay my sweet girl, please do visit your father and I soon. We love and miss you so very much." My mother's voice was filled with nothing but pure love and care.