Kabanata 4

Italian boy

Today is another day and I'm feeling so tired right now! Still, I must wake up myself and get my senses back to remain on and keep up like I always do these past few years!

I always make my mind clear and know the things I want to be and achieve. And so.. I'll be more inspired and feel energetic to go to class as the day continues with most of the wrangle. My dreams were the thing that completely enlightened my sometimes missing soul. It has been always the top priority.

"Bye Mom, bye Dad, see ya later!" I kissed them and go straight ahead to the place of the car where Kuya Roger is waiting at.

"Take care, sweetie, I love you!" I laughed at their shout.

"Love you!" I baby-talked before finally closing the door and going off to school.

I dial Mia's number after asking our driver to stop by a drive-thru to order breakfast. Not that I was going to be late. I just feel like eating Mcfillet—the unstoppable guilty pleasure of mine.

Hindi ko masuway ang sarili ko! I'm about to take another heavy breakfast! But it's okay, I think? At least I'm not eating it right during dinner. I will eat it early as now!

She finally picked up the phone after two rings. "Yes?" She lazily welcomed. Hah, as always!

"Good morning, Mirabella! Gain your energy now, graduation is coming! More grind pa!"

Well, we became busy these past few weeks dahil patapos na ang semester. Those weeks were energy suction— finishing group presentations, and individual reporting, together with our readings and analysis. We were also memorizing now more different languages compared to last year. And I tell you! The storage in my head was insufficiently working as my brain would explode and pop out in my head!

Thankfully, over those nerve-wracking weeks, nakapagpahinga kami in between,  because of the approved 5 days break proposed by the Student Goverment. Every studioso and studiosa could totally relate and say things to the consistency of hell week kaya kami nagka- health break. Anyway, the one I am looking forward to now is the finals break. I can't wait for that! I haven't been seeing him! I have more time now to see Third!

What?! Why am I thinking about that man? Gano'n na ba ako kahumaling sa kaniya? What?! No! Scratch that! I was just being friendly as to what my Mom told me. Yes! That's the only reason!

But I am attracted to him! My mind thought. Oh boy!

"Yeah, why'd you call?" Nagising ako nang magsalita si Mia sa kabila.

"I'm here at the drive-thru, you want something?" I asked.

"Nuh, actually. I already had my breakfast but coffee will do." She still sounded so sleepy. A cup of coffee is what she needs indeed.