Go Get Your Girl (5)

Max's POV

It was the end of yet another excruciating day at school, El and Will had company over today so neither of them could hang out after school. Mike and I walked out together debating on what to do when he finally blurted out, "I like Will.. like like Will."

"I fucking knew it!! Why didn't you ever tell me you were gay?" I said to him. He looked a little shocked at my reaction and honesty I was too. "I didn't know, that is until I met Will.." he trailed on about every last detail before finally stopping once he realized I had stopped paying attention. "Are you even listening?" he said a little annoyed, "yeah of course I was" I lied. "Look I know who we can go too to talk about our crushes." I said, he looked a little confused, "Robin!! Let's go by scoops, I think her shifts almost over so we can talk to her privately." Mike nodded as we walked to his car and drove to the mall.

We got there and walked into Scoops Ahoy to see Robin behind the counter this time. Robin gave them a big smile and said, "Max! Mike! What are you guys doing here??", Mike looked at me anxiously as he didn't know Robin quite as well as I did. "We need to talk to you... privately." I said, she nodded and told Steve to go work the counter while they went in the back. "Again?", Steve said the Robin, "that's literally the third time this week!", he exclaimed. "I don't care they need me, plus we get more service with you at the counter, for some reason girls like 'The Hair'." Robin chuckled and so did we.

"Is it about what we talked about last night? Did you tell her?" Robin said anxiously. "No, it's about, well it's sorta about that. I don't know it's complicated. But Mike needs more help than me" I said leaving him an opening but he just sat there in silence, looking at his lap. Robin looked over at the boy with a comforting look and asked, "What is it Mike? You can tell me anything you know that right?" Mike smiles a little and decided to finally open up about his crush.

"Well I sorta like... a boy, Will Byers, the new kid, El's brother. And I don't even know if he likes boys. Even if he did there's no way he'd like me anyway." Mike started to tear up saying that last part. Robin leaned in to hug him which made the tears fall from Mike's red eyes, "Of course he'll like you, what's not to like? You're smart, funny, sweet, and you're just a great person! There's no way in hell that he wouldn't be into you." Robin concluded. Mike was still crying but felt a lot better after what Robin had said, "T-Thanks R-Robin" he said before standing up and leaving the room, "I'm gonna go out to the car, and think a little, take your time and text me when your ready to leave." he said. I nodded with a simple "ok"

"So have you told El yet?", Robin said breaking the silence. "Uh, no.. I h-haven't built up the c-courage" I say looking a little unsettle. "You know what, I'm going find out myself! What's her snap?" Robin said with that devilish smile she gets when she about to do something to 'help'. "It's ————-, why? What are you going to do??" I said not understanding what the blonde had in mind.

"She added me back!", Robin said eagerly. Oh god, what is she gonna say??

Robin🤪: hey el, whats up?

El👀: nmu?

Robin🤪: nothing, weird question

El👀: shoot!

Robin🤪: do u like anybody??

El👀: maybe😏🤭

Robin🤪: u have to tell meeee!

El👀: fine but u have to keep it a secret, okay?

Robin🤪: promise.

El👀: .....Max.....

Robin🤪: ahhhskfosbduckaxfo i knew it!!! u 2 neeeeedddd to get together!!

El👀: idek if she likes me back, I'll tell her eventually, just not rn

Robin🤪: ok ok I won't force u, but u 2 would be hella cute

El👀: uh thanks? 😂

Robin🤪: ok ttyl

El👀: bye
Opened 4:34

"Holy shit, Max!!!" Robin said looking up from her phone, "she likes you!!" Omfg she likes me!
"Really?!?" I said overwhelmed by my emotions. "Yep. Go get your girl." With a blink of the eye Max was running out the door.