Scoops Troop (3)

Max' POV

We arrived and got out of the car, mom let me take the car to school today since she didn't have to work.

We walked in and I suggested getting ice cream, "hey El, we should go to Scoops Ahoy, I know the people that work there and I wanna introduce you." She nodded as we walked to scoops.

We got up to the counter and Steve was taking orders, he walked around the counter and we did our handshake before I asked were Robin was. I quickly realized I had yet to introduce El. "Oh uh Steve, this is El, she's new here.", Steve and El shook hands just as Robin peeked her head out of the window going into the back room of the parlor.

"Hey! Mayfield, who's your friend?" I grabbed El's hand and ran into the backroom, blushing a little at the touch. I could tell that El did too but I didn't think much of it.

I introduced El to Robin like I did Steve. "Nice to meet you, I'm El", she said, "Nice to meet you too, I'm Robin, Max' adult friend" El smirked. We sat down at the table and talked for what seemed like hours until Steve opened up the window and glared at Robin, "I need some help out here!" Robin chuckled as did we, "be there in a minute, dingus!"

"I gotta go help him, he's a little slow, but it was great meeting you El!" She said. "Nice meeting you too Robin! See you round!" El said happily. Everything she does is so adorable. "Bye Robin!" I say back as the three of us walk out of the room.

El and I walk through the mall for a little while before deciding to go see a movie. "What should we see?" I ask her, "um I've kinda wanted to see It: Chapter 2 but I'm scared to go alone, the first one was really scary!" I smile back at her and say, "yeah I'm down, I've been wanting to see it too!"

We get some popcorn and drinks before finding seats in the theater. Right at the top, just where I like to sit.

El gets comfy in her seat but I'm a little uncomfortable, I don't know why, we're not even that close to each other! She looked at me a little concerned, "are you okay?" I answer, "uh.. yeah, I'm f-fine". She's still looking at me as if she doesn't believe me but then turns her head back to the screen.

The movie starts and I feel her inching closer to me. Is she scared? There's no way that she likes me too. Why is she getting closer?

My thoughts are interrupted by El, she puts her head on my shoulder and her hand on mine.

Oh. My. God.

The rest of the movie I didn't pay a bit of attention too, as I was too busy daydreaming about the girl sitting next to me with her head on my shoulder. I smile every time she flinches at the movie and hides her face in my hair.

The movies over and we walk out of the theater. She looks at me and says, "holy shit that was so scary! I couldn't even look half the time!" I looked at her with a blank face, not remembering any of the movie. "Uh, yeah me too, I barely opened my eyes."

"It's not too late, you wanna go get something for dinner?" El asked with a hopeful look on her face, "um yeah I'd love too" I say back wanting to spend every single second I can with this girl. "Great! Let me just call my dad and make sure it's cool" I nod and she walks the other way only a few steps.

She comes back "he said it's fine! Will's not home yet either". I say, "great, what do you want, I'll pay.", I respond. "No, that's really okay, you don't have to" I cut her off with, "please, I insist.". "Ughh, okay fine. But you get to pick where we go", she says. "Ok, I'll give you a choice. There's an Applebee's just around the corner, and there's a Panda Garden a few miles down the road." I said to her, "Definitely Applebee's, I hate Chinese food." I look at her and smile, "Good. I don't like it either but I figured I'd be nice." She blushed at my words hiding it by looking at her feet.

We walk out to the car after that long ass conversation in the theater. We get in and head to the restaurant. The ride was silent, we got there and I got out to open her door for her. We went inside and sat down. It wasn't too busy considering it was a Tuesday night. We both ordered salads, not wanting to eat like a pig in front of each other.

We finished dinner and I drove her home. "Thanks for taking me, I had a great time with you.", she said. "No problem, I like hanging out with you. We should do it again sometime.", I say back. "Yeah, I'd like that. I'll see you tomorrow at school." she said with I smile. We were standing there for a second and she started to lean in just before, "El, you're home, who's your friend?" her mom says. "Uh... yeah.. mom, t-this is M-Max." she said awkwardly. "Hi. I'm Max, nice to meet you" I wave at her awkwardly from where me and El are standing in her driveway. I gave El an awkward hug as I went back to my car and drove back home.

Wow. That day was amazing.