Stay With Me

Mikeys pov

Gerard is being distant the past few days, im sorta worried. He doesnt answer me as much, even when we are alone. He doesnt make eye contact anymore and he doesnt smile much.

Frank seems to make him happier, but i can see in gees eyes that he is hiding something, and quite frankly, im terrified. I know throughout his life he hasnt been mentally great and i try to help where i can but its hard when he holds so much back. My theory is that he is to scared to open up incase something happens again.

Today we have a rehearsal day for our music project, the school lets the music students have a week of them leading up to the halloween concert.

Gerard is still nervous about singing, even just infront of us, but i think he is becoming more comfertable with it. When frank and i are alone, he doesnt stop talking about gee, i think he has a crush on him. He talks about gerards voice and his smile and his drawings and lyrics, he talks about gees little lip slant and his sense of style. His eyes light up when he talks about Gerard and its adorable.

I know most people would be upset if their best friend fell completely in love with their brother or sister, but im just happy for them. Frank doesnt push for gerard to speak and he doesnt question it, i think even if it took his life, he would wait forever. Its beautiful. Love makes me happy. And gerard, well he doesnt speak about frank to me, but i see the way he looks at him. I see the way he wants to talk to him. I see the way his face lights up when frank walks in the room and how it darkens when frank leaves. I see it all, and its beautiful.

Gee has just left the room to get us all coffee, so now is the time to ask frank.

"Hey frank?"
"Yea?"
"Now tell me the honest truth, do you like Gerard?"
Anxiety flashes through his eyes, taking a seeminly permanent hold in them, leaving him terrified.

"Uh" is all he said
"Look, i support it if you do" i said, trying to reassure him.
"I uh, i do yea" he stuttered, the fear slowly leaving his eyes.

I nodded, smiling at him so he knew it was okay. A few momemts later, gerard walked back in and handed us our coffee. I smirked at frank and gerards hand brushed his and he glared at me, a smile hiding behind his eyes.

For the next few hours, we focused on the lyrics and timing. Throughout the time of this, i kept my eyes focused on gerard, trying to catch him staring at frank again, which i did, multiple fucking times.

Eventually we got to actually playing the songs. We ran through our set 7 times, the first song was
The ghost of you
Then the world is ugly
Then i dont love you

Frank said his favourite was the world is ugly while my favourite was the ghost of you. Gerard hadnt commented on which one his favourite was, he just smiled as we discussed it. This time gerard didnt make us leave the room as he began to sing, but he was much quieter than the last rehearsal.

At the end of the day, frank apoligised because he said he had work, and couldnt come over. Gerard pretended it was okay but i think even frank knew he was lying.

As gerard and i walked home, i decided id ask.

"Gee?"
"Mhm" he hummed his reply.
"I wanna know the truth, and i promise you i wont be mad in the slightest. Do you have a crush on frankie?" His head dropped and he didnt reply, he simply nodded his head.
I put my arm out infront of him, stopping him from goimg further and embraced him in a tight hug, mumbling that they would be cute together.

I didnt want to break either of their trust by telling the other that they like each other, but i really want frank to know. They make each other happy, thats all that matters to me. How would dad feel? I know he has never been 100 percent comfertable with gees sexuality, and mama never really spoke about it but i knew she was supportive.

As we arrived at home, we noticed mama wasnt home yet so we decided to draw together. I dont think franks parents know hes gay. He doesnt talk about them much.
Or at all.

For the next few hours, gerard and i drew mini comic pages and random scenes and character, comparing their superpowers and personalities.

Eventually, i grew hungry and set off into the kitchen to make us both coffee and food. I decided on mac & cheese, walking back into the living room with 2 plates of it.

Our house was a decent size, quite big actually. We had quite a lot of money, probably middle to upper class. Mama is a lawyer and dad is a buisness man, leaving us with quite a lot of money. We have 4 bedrooms and a basement, i dont understand why gerard wanted the basememt as a bedroom, but its pretty cool. There is a dining room, a large kitchen, a games room, a large living room, every bedroom has a bathroom and there is 2 seperate bathrooms outside of the bedrooms, we have a large garden and a conservatory. A lot of people think we are quite rich because of it, we have a lot of money but i wouldnt say rich. Gerard has a job as a comic book designer, but our family are the only ones who know.

I handed gerard the plate of hot food and he stared at it and hesitantly put some of it on a fork, eating it. Recently ive been noticing gerards attitude around food and how frank always seems sad when gee isnt hungry. He eats a lot less than he did a year ago and hes skinnier too... does he have an eating disorder?

No he cant, hes eating right now mikey, you idiot, you are just being super paranoid.

Right?

Hehe my friend now knows aboout this account, hi N :). Daily update on my mental health that no one fuckin asks for: sad! What a surprise, nah honestly im better than yestarday. Enjoy