10. The Cheating

Începe de la început

"What? why did you come?" I asked. Lying down with so many books around me. If my mom were to come here now, she would be so happy seeing me with so many books in bed, not knowing I have been on my phone since I came back and haven't even started working on the assignment.

"I told you on WhatsApp I was coming, and you said okay," he said at the other end of the call.

"I thought you were joking," I said, already starting to tidy my room.

"So, you are not coming to sign me in?"

"Henson, I have to study, I have to finish my assignment is due on Wednesday," I lied, I wanted him to come that's why I said okay on WhatsApp, but I couldn't be that easy.

"Biology?" he asked.

"Yes," I responded, realising how I never thought of asking him to help me with biology.

"Okay, now you have to come sign me in. I know that first big assignment for first-year students, I have to help you," he said, and well, he got me. I can't refuse the help I need.

"Why did you lie to my boyfriend earlier? You didn't know he was my boyfriend then," I asked him as we walk out of the lift, just praying not to run into Sihle.

"I saw you weren't happy to see me when you were with him, you thought I was gonna ruin your relationship, I'm not like that," he said, and I just nodded. "That was the right way to handle the situation. Last time I drove you, you told me your boyfriend was angry because of that, I had to use that," he continued as we approach my room, coming across my neighbour.

"Thanks for the way you handled it," I said, unlocking the door. We entered, and I then locked the door before sitting down. At least I already told Sihle I will be busy tonight, so I don't think he will come knocking at my door. I know he just knows Henson as my tutor, but if he finds him here, it will kill him.

Henson has already found the right place for him to sit, my bed. I took my laptop to the bed, so we can start with the business of the day, assignment.

"This question they just want you to talk about cells, this one they want you to do this, this one..." he went on with answering everything by head, not even waiting for me to write it down.

"Okay, let's start from the beginning, I will show you what I have already answered, and you will correct me," I said. He managed to draft me what I'm supposed to answer and how I'm supposed to. It was time for me to put it on my own words, but there was nothing in my brain. All that was in my head was the fact that sex is good, and I want it right now, and I have someone who wants it with me. The memory of that night was all back, playing again and again in my head.

While I try writing my assignment, he was going through my laptop, as we still sit next to each other. The fact that we were touching by the way we were sitting is the reason I spent 10 minutes constructing one sentence.

"It seems like you are not progressing, you've only written one sentence," he pointed out, and I felt embarrassed, which excuse do I have that is making me spent 10 minutes in one sentence.

"I will finish this on my own," I said and threw the books on the floor. He realised what I wanted so he put the laptop on the side and we slowly started kissing. Now that I was no longer a virgin, I didn't have any excuse not to have sex with him, I mean that's all I always wanted so I might as well just do it.

The kiss grew from passionate to lust, leaving us with our tops off. We were busy doing what we good at when I heard a knock, and my heart stopped. That's Sihle's knock.

I jumped from Henson who at that time, was beneath me. Quietly I tiptoed toward the door, and whatever I was doing, I had no idea what I was supposed to do. The sound of those three knocks banged on my door again. It was a soft knock, like always, that's just how Sihle knocks, not like these bitches who stay in this floor. But because of the timing, the sweetest soft knock I've ever heard sounded like a Bell that announces the death of the king maybe in some land in 18th century.