🌸{ draft } valentine

"Hey, have you heard the rumor? About Valentine's Day?"

"I have not."

"Well, it's said that a ghost will float around the school only on Valentine's Day. If they see two students together, that aren't dating, they'll make them fall in love."

"Wow. And it's only on Valentine's Day this year?"

"Indeed. But those two students have to be alone and opposite genders. For, this ghost, can only make opposing genders like each other."

"Is there anyway to avoid this ghost?"

"Yes, you have to hang the same gender all day or never be alone at any point in the day."

No One's POV

"Nene-Chan!" Aoi said running up to her best friend who was waiting beside her house.
"Hello, Ao-Chan. Good morning." Yashiro smiled as Aoi returned the smile.
"Soo..What are you going to do for Valentine's Day this year? Anyone in mind?" Aoi said as the two walked to school.
"Nothing special. I'm not really going to get my hopes up like I did last year. What are you going to do?" Yashiro said looking down at her feet as she walked.

"Hmm, I don't really know. I never plan out what I'm doing for holidays, mostly." Aoi said.
The two kept on chatting until they reached the school. As soon as Aoi entered the gates, she was swarmed by crowds of boys.
Because of all the commotion, Yashiro was pushed to the ground.
"..Ow." Yashiro grunted as she got up and brushed the dirt off her skirt.
"Guess Aoi is going to have a rough day." Yashiro thought while giggling.

Yashiro decided to head to class because she didn't have anything else to do.
Once she walked into class, she saw stuff loaded on Aoi's desk. There was teddy bears, flowers, notes, chocolates, anything a girl could wish for on Valentine's Day.
Yashiro sighed and sat at her desk. She looked around to see the room being empty. She looked down at her desk and started thinking. But to her surprise, there was a little card on her desk with a heart sticker placed on it.
"Hmm.?"
Yashiro picked it up and turned it around to read, "To: Yashiro Nene".
Yashiro's heart skipped a beat as heat ran to her face. This was her first actual love card!

"Dear, Yashiro. Since you are Aoi's best friend, do you think you can help me get with her?" The note said.
Yashiro's face went blank. She felt like crying right then and there. But that would be way too dramatic.
"I told myself not to get my hopes up, but that's what I did anyways." Yashiro murmured as she laid her head on her desk.
"Get your hopes up for what?" A voice said from behind her.
Yashiro felt arms hug her as she sprouted her head up.
"H-Hanako?" Yashiro said as the owner of the voice laid their head on Yashiro's shoulder.
"The one and only!" Hanako said.
"Don't you think it's too early for this..?" Yashiro said looking out the window.
"Aww! So my assistant doesn't want to see me.." Hanako said, making a pouty face.
Yashiro stayed silent and sighed.

But that's when she felt something strike through her heart. She soon had a headache and placed her head in her hands.
"Yashiro?" Hanako said, loosening his grip on the poor girl.
"Y-Yeah?" Yashiro said turning her head a little.
"Are you okay?" Hanako said, worry on his face but Yashiro couldn't tell if he was faking it or not.
Yashiro could only shake her head.
"What hurts?" Hanako said, rubbing her back, not knowing how to comfort her.
"I just have a bad headache.." Yashiro said as Hanako moved his hand onto her head.

Hanako smiled and Yashiro saw it out of the corner of her eye. Her face went red as she instantly hid it with her hands.
"Are you sure you're okay? Your face is darker than a tomato." Hanako said.
Yashiro couldn't bring herself to say anything, afraid she'll stutter once more.

Hanako stayed comforting her until class started and the teacher noticed her state.
"Miss Nene, do you feel well?"
"N-Not really.." Yashiro said, finally looking up.
"Do you wish to go to the restroom or to the nurse?"
"Yes, please."

Yashiro got up and headed to the nurse's office, Hanako trailing a little behind.
Once she entered the small white room, the nurse noticed her condition and became worried.
The nurse pulled Yashiro to sit down on the bed and went to go get her an ice pack for her head, so she would cool down.

{ words : 774 }