✨( nene x amane ) i'll miss you.

Romeo and Juliet AU
Yashiro will be as Juliet while Amane is Romeo. This will have spoilers for Romeo and Juliet! Also keep in mind, I never read the book and I only know how it ends.

Yashiro Nene. Given the nickname "Juliet" all through town for her beautiful smile and kindness.

It was another normal day for Yashiro. Have her father fight with the other village they have been at war with for who knows how long. But today, on her way to grab the flowers for the garden, she met a male. This male was a little shorter than she was. But he had a kind smile and a handsome face.

"Ah, I'm sorry. We're you going to get those?" The male spoke, handing her the flowers.
"T-Thank you." Yashiro said, with pink tinted cheeks and a smile.
"If you don't mind, can I ask for your name?"
"Yashiro Nene. Nice to meet you." Yashiro said.
"Yashiro Nene..Hmm. I feel like I've heard that name before. Anyways, my name is Amane Yugi." Amane said, smile plastered on his face. And this was no normal smile. This smile could make you feel like everything horrible vanished.

"Would you like to go to the kingdom's garden with me?" Yashiro said.
"That's would be very peaceful. I'll come." Amane said, following Yashiro.
The two reached the garden and sat on a bench.

"You know, this is my favorite spot in the whole kingdom. I've always loved gardening." Yashiro said as a butterfly landed on her finger.
"Oh really? I've never been here before. Do you garden here?" Amane said.
"Yup. When I was around 12 I asked my dad to make a garden. Ever since then, I grew this garden all by myself."
"That's very impressive. I haven't done that much commitment in my life." Amane chuckled and stared into the sky.

The two talked for ages. The sun soon had set and they went on their ways. Ever since that day the two met at the garden everyday for three years. But one day, Amane confessed his feelings for Yashiro. Gradually, Yashiro accepted. But her dad's approval was very disapproving.

"Father, this is Amane Yugi. He's my lover." Yashiro said as Amane bowed next to Yashiro.
"It's a pleasure to meet you." Amane said.
"Amane Yugi? As in the son of our kingdom's rival?" Yashiro's father said, glaring at the boy.
Amane gulped as Yashiro's dad went on.
"I'm sorry, my dear Yashiro. But I do not approve of your relationship. He is bound to stay away from you until you are married."

Yashiro fell to her knees.
"F-Father..T-This isn't fair, I love him!" Yashiro said as tears formed a personal waterfall. Amane bent down and rubbed Yashiro's back.
"I said I was sorry." Yashiro's father sighed, "Guards, take him out of my sight."
As the order was finished, two pairs of guards were by Amane's side and grabbed him.
Yashiro's head jolted up and tried grabbing Amane's hand.
"Amane!"
Amane didn't say anything but smiled.
Yashiro watched as the guards took him away. She was defeated and couldn't do anything but cry.
"P-Please don't leave me.." Yashiro sobbed.
She stared at the ground for some time before running up to her room.

Once she arrived at her doorway, she entered her room and jumped onto the bed. She curled up into a ball and sobbed. And from that day, Yashiro never left her room for a whole year. She was brought food and water when needed. But the garden stayed alive. How? Well, Amane knew how much it meant to her so he would sneak in, at night, and watered plants for her. One night, Amane decided to visit Yashiro. He found her balcony and climbed up to her room. Once he climbed onto the platform, he looked through the window and saw a sleeping Yashiro. He smiled before knocking on the window, waking Yashiro. Yashiro was shocked at first but then jolted up and ran to Amane, tackling him into a hug on the ground.

"Amane!" Yashiro said as she cried into his shoulder.
"Yashiro.." Amane, hugging back, smiled.
They stayed in each other's embrace for a while until Amane spoke.
"I've missed you so much."
Yashiro smiled and left the hug.
But then realization hit her.
She had to marry a boy named Teru Minamoto in a month. Yashiro decided not to mention it and smiled.
"How about, we meet here every night until we're able to escape together?"
Amane nodded and placed his forehead on Yashiro's.
"Until then, I will come here and see you every night." Amane promised. And he never broke that promise. But the promise was still broken, by Yashiro.

On the night before Yashiro's forced marriage, Amane walked to the balcony. But to his surprise, Yashiro wasn't waiting there like she always had been. Yashiro had given him a key just incase Yashiro wasn't there to let him in. Amane pulled it out and unlocked her balcony door. But then dropped it at the new sight. He saw a hanging Yashiro over her bed. Amane ran up to her and took her down.
Cutting the rope, Amane clenched onto Yashiro's body.
"Y-Yashiro.." Amane said as he sobbed into Yashiro's body.
"Why..Why didn't you tell me?"
Silence filled the room as the only thing that was heard was Amane's sobbing. But that's when Amane remembered what Yashiro said.
"We'll always love each other even in death."
Amane thought that the plan he had in mind was very risky but he went on with it.

Amane left Yashiro's room and headed back to his house. Once he entered the house, he grabbed a kitchen knife and left. He left to go back to Yashiro so their souls will be locked together. Once he got to Yashiro he held her once more.
"I love you, Yashiro." He said as he kissed her forehead. Amane carefully placed her back down as he grabbed the kitchen knife.
He had tears streaming down his face as he aimed the knife to his stomach.
Without a second thought, he jabbed the knife into his stomach with blood spilling out everywhere. Then a thud was heard. There Amane laid, dead but a smile still remained.

A few weeks later.

Yashiro had woken up. She was in a coma for attempting suicide. When Amane pulled her down, she was simply passed out. Yashiro looked all around her until she saw the bed next to her. It held a boy with a similar height to hers. But everyone around him was crying. That's when Yashiro noticed, it was Amane. Yashiro sprouted up and looked down at the boy. She saw his pale face, bandages wrapped around his stomach.
"W-What happened.." Yashiro said, gaining someone's attention.
"He killed himself because he thought you had died.." The woman cried, Yashiro thought that the woman was Amane's mother. But that was all swept away from her mind by waves of tears. She felt her knees break.
"He killed himself because of me.." Was all you'd find in Yashiro's dark mind.

{ words : 1196 }

* I may come back and add some more things to the ending so if you see that I published it again, that will be it. Also thank you for 7,000 reads!!