🌸(nene x hanako) expressing feelings

* This one shot will be based off of I Won't Say (I'm In Love) from Hercules because I thought that this song matched them. They may be a little bit outta character but-

No one's POV

If there's a prize for rotten judgement, I guess I've already won that.

"Ao-chan..I have a question." Yashiro said to her best friend, Aoi Akane.
"Sure, Nene-chan, what is it?" Aoi said looking away from the plant she was watering.

No man is worth the aggravation.

"Uhm, there's this boy that I feel weird around every time I talk to him."
"Ooh! Looks like Nene-chan has a crush! Who is it?"
"I don't have a crush, Ao-chan! At least I don't think I do.."
"Then how do exactly feel when you talk to him? Because you could just be sick."
"Uh, I start to stutter and fidget with my fingers. But not all the time, just when I have to ask him a question!"
"What type of questions are they?"
"..."
"Oh, sorry, Nene-chan! You don't have to answer that, if you don't want to."
"It's okay, they're..love ones"
"Like if they have a crush?"
"Y-Yeah.."
"Pretty sure you have a small crush on him, Nene-chan." Aoi said as she started watering the plant again.

That's ancient history, been there, done that.

'I have a crush on him..? But he's a ghost..How would that work?' Is all that Yashiro could think on her way to meet up with Kou and Mitsuba.

As she arrived at the rooftop she saw Kou, Mitsuba and Hanako.
"Hey guys. What's going on?" Yashiro said as she walked up to the group of boys.
"Radish-senpai! Guess what-"
Mitsuba tried to say to Yashiro before Hanako had cut him off by covering his mouth.
"Like what Mitsuba was trying to say, the boy over there has a little crush." Hanako said lifting his hand off of Mitsuba's mouth. Because Hanako saying this, Kou started to look at Hanako in disbelief.

"Ooh! Kou-kun, who is it??" Yashiro said, grabbing Kou's hands.
"Well, uh, Hanako was lying. He actually has a crush not me!" Kou said as his face went red.

Oh no..

"Hanako-Kun..? You have a crush?" Yashiro said, letting go of Kou's hands.
"N-no.." Hanako said with his face going a little bit pink.
"Yes you do, don't lie!" Kou and Mitsuba said at the same time.

"But Kou-kun, you just lied too. You said you didn't have a crush when it's obvious that you have a thing for Mitsuba-kun!" Yashiro said innocently.
"Yashiro is right. You two do act like a gay couple sometimes.." Hanako said, hugging Yashiro from behind.

Oh...

"You and Radish-senpai act like a married couple, then!" Mitsuba said with his face red.
"Who says we aren't a married couple?" Hanako said making Yashiro's face go even more red.
"H-Hanako-kun!" Yashiro said as Hanako just grinned.

The Next Day

"Just admit it, senpai, you have a crush on Hanako!" Kou said to Yashiro as they walked to the bathroom for cleaning duty.
All Yashiro could do was turn bright pink and shake her head.

No chance, no way. I won't say it, no no.

On their way to the bathroom, they bumped into Mitsuba.
"Radish-senpai, Traffic-Safety-Earring Boy!" Mitsuba said running up to them.
"Mitsuba, I told you just to call me Kou."

Yashiro didn't notice that Mitsuba had came over, her head was wrapped around what Ao-chan and Kou-kun said.

It's too cliche I won't say I'm in love.

"I'm not in love." Yashiro said, thinking out loud.
"Senpai, you clearly like Hanako." Kou said making Yashiro shocked.

I thought my heart had learned it's lesson.

"W-Wait did I just say that out loud? Sorry, I didn't mean to!" Yashiro said bowing for her forgiveness.

It feels so good when you start out.

"What if you just tell Hanako that you have a crush on him? See how it goes, and if you don't then you can blame me!" Kou said.
"..."

My head is screaming, "get a grip girl!"

"Unless you're dying to cry your heart out.." Is all that Yashiro could respond with before entering the bathroom with Hanako not being in sight.

Oh....

"Huh? Where's Hanako-kun?" Yashiro said looking around the bathroom.
"There's a note.." Mitsuba said picking it up.
"'Yashiro, meet me at the school entrance.' Looks like crazy-knife is going to confess to you!" Mitsuba said, giggling.

Oh no...

Yashiro's face went bright red. Yashiro left the bathroom and started walking to the school's entrance.

No chance, no way. I won't say it, no no.

"H-Hey Hanako-kun.." Yashiro said once she saw Hanako.
"Yashiro.." Hanako said before taking Yashiro's hand and taking her somewhere.

This scene won't play, I won't say I'm in love.

Hanako took Yashiro to the cherry blossom tree near the school's back entrance.

You're way off base, I won't say it.

"Yashiro..I.." Hanako started to say before holding Yashiro's hands in his.

Get off my case, I won't say it!

"I love you, Yashiro!" Hanako said with tears starting to well up in the corners of his eyes.
"Hanako-kun.." Yashiro said, face red.
"I.."

At least out loud, I won't say I'm in love..

"I love you too, Hanako-kun..."

{ 904 words }