Chapter Six

Author's Note: I hope you enjoy! <3 

~~~

Chapter Six: 

The stench was so putrid, I had to step back and cough back a gag. 

"What is that?" I whispered, holding my stomach. 

"You parents." Callie said, standing there, holding her casual pose.  

"Don't say that!" I yell, tears pricking at my eyes. 

"It's the truth. I can remember this smell from far back. I could never forget it." she said, her voice becoming low and angry. I had wished to hug her in comfort, but the smell held me back. 

"I don't want to go in there!" I hiss, tears leaking down to my chin.

"Don't you want to see what's in there?" she hissed back, turning back to look at me with flames in her eyes. 

"Not anymore. I don't want to see my parents in chunks." I yell. The thought of my parents being cut up like meat made more tears spring from my eyes. I didn't actually miss my parents, but I stilled loved them in my heart. Even though the thought of them being dead was already in my head before coming to live with Aunt Kim. 

"I know, but if we have evidence that my mother killed them, she'll go to jail. Forever. Or worse, she could get the death penalty." She said, switching on her flashlight. I had once planned to kill her myself, but that thought soon died when I thought about the consequences. I would go to jail or go back to Shiny Meadows and this time, longer then eight months.

"Fine, but you go in first. I don't want to walk into something horrific." I said, crossing my arms.

"Fine." she said. I gave her a nervous look then I started to walk back up to the shed, holding my nose as I did. She opened the door even wider to find it completely dark and dank. I thought I could pass out from the smell. Callie seemed natural about it and walked right in with her flashlight bobbing along with her. 

"How is it in there?" I called out, remaining outside, looking into the dark shed Callie had just walked into. 

"Sinful. Nothing too gruesome, but it's defiantly...sick." she called back out. I swallowed hard, my stomach twisting painfully. 

"I don't know if I can go in." I said, the tears wetting my face.

"Come on, Reagan. It's nothing too bad. Just kind of creepy." she said, I could dimly see a flashlight dance around in the room. 

"Fine." I sigh, stepping inside and turning on my flashlight. The first thing my eyes laid on was a sink that was stained red. I started to hyperventilate. I moved the light somewhere else to find a pile of raggedy clothes. I was tempted to pick them up, but Callie stopped me. 

"Reagan." she whispered. I turned to face her and shine the light in her face. She hissed and slapped the flashlight away. It flew out of my hands and dropped to the floor and rolled a little to stop and shine at a bulging black trash bag. My heart beat quickened and I suddenly became dizzy. In every horror movie, the bodies were always in the black trash bags. Always.

I swallowed again and stared at the bag, my vision becoming blurry from the tears. Callie walked over to the bags and tugged at the tie. My chest felt like it would explode at any second. My knees started to knock against each other I was so scared. I back up to the door, holding onto the side. 

"Don't" I whispered, barely audible. She ignored my comment and tugged at it with more force. I couldn't control my breathing, it was uneven and short, like the air couldn't reach my lungs. I was drowning in air. 

"Callie!" I cry out, but it's too late, one last tug and the bag opens, releasing a mountain full of contents all over the concrete floor. I try to take a step back, but I had missed the step and had fallen back. I let out a short scream and frantically tried to hold onto something so I could stop my falling, but I failed. I landed on my back in one of the many gardens in the backyard. I was lucky enough that it was a daffodil garden. I lay there, trying to sustain my breathing. 

"Callie." I whisper out hoarsly. Callie jumps out of the shed, skipping the step. She locks up the shed and flings herself into the garden next to me. I'm confused at first, but then I hear her.

"Who's out there?!"  Aunt Kim. Oh. My. God. I woke her up. My stupid clumsy self woke her up. Callie clapped her hand over my mouth before I could curse under my breath. I lay there, not breathing. Waiting for her to leave. 

"Hello?!" She called out. I'm going to die, I thought to myself. What if she caught us? Would she murder us herself? I grab hold of Callie's wrist, hoping it would give me some kind of comfort. But it didn't work, I still feared for my life.

I heard a door close and I let out a sigh of relief, quickly taking in a a large gulp of air.

"Well that was a close one." Callie giggled, sitting up. I looked up at her, then set my head back down in the soil where my chest rose up and down with large breaths of air. 

"Are you freagin' crazy?!" I hiss, slapping her arm. 

"No. I'm pretty sane." she said smugly, helping me up off of the ground. I scowled at her then started to wipe the dirt off of me. 

"Come on, goody goody two shoes. We need to get to bed, its way past our curfew." she giggled. I narrowed my eyes at her. I started to follow her to the house, when a question started to boggle at me.

"So what was in the bags?" I ask, cramming my hands into my jacket. 

"Trash. My mother would never keep your parents so close. She's not that dumb." she sighed, opening the back door to let me in. We tip toed to my room, where I couldn't help but feel sad that it wasn't my parents. Probably because if we did find their bodies we would be able to get her thrown in jail even quicker. 

"Hey. Don't worry about it. Did you see all of that...creepyness in there? Just be patient, we'll find something to really cream her." she said, giving me her most genuine smile. Callie could be mean sometimes, but I know why. She has gone through a lot. I gave her a smile back. 

"I'm pretty tired. I'm going to go to sleep. See you tomorrow, cousin." she said, silently tip toeing away to her own room. I watched her leave and then rested my head on the chilled pillow. I looked around my own room, I wondered about my old room at my old house, but I couldn't really. I looked over at my slightly opened door to see a gimp rat tail slither out through under the door. 

Why is that rat always showing up? I fell asleep with an ultra strange dream about that rat. 

~~~

Author's Note: Short. Sweet. Awesome. (:

You know what to do lovlies. Thanks for all of the support and feedback. It is MUCH appreciated! Love yooou! Thanks! ~ Niccoooooooo <3