Chapter Five

Author's Note: Enjoy :D

~~~

Chapter Five: Curiousity Wins

Beep, Beep, Beep...

The monotonous sound worsened my migraine that raged inside my skull. What happened? All I remember from last night was Aunt Kim and a knife... was Aunt Kim trying to murder me? I pondered deeper about it. I remember the shopping trip that was spoiled because of the sudden memories that flooded me.

The night I was raped.

Yes, it was now coming to me. After I had remembered that night suddenly, I ran off. I had found something important and I had chased it into a hole. That rat, that rat with a gimp tail. After that my Aunt Kim found me and I told her I hated her and she did something. Something that hurt me. Oh yeah, she slapped me. My blood boiled at the memory of her hand wiping across my cheek leaving a trail of stinging pain.

My memory stops there, but a picture of my Aunt Kim holding a knife and a rag. That image burned into my memory, nothing will ever replace it. My head felt heavy and in sharp pain. I knew it was time to open my eyes, but a part of me told myself it was a bad idea, oh well.

I was in a hospital. I raised my hand to my head to feel bandage.

"Reagan, you're up," It was a kind voice, a familiar voice. Dr. Penn's voice. I looked over at him. He was sitting on a chair at my side.

"Dr. Penn, what are you doing here?" I asked, sitting up.

"Your Aunt Kim called me today and told me you were acting out of it and when you had to get stitches, I had to come down here and check on you. So what's wrong, Reagan? I thought you wanted this, to be out of Shiny Meadows and with your Aunt. But your Aunt told me you are distant with her and becoming almost spiteful towards her." he said, tilting his glasses to fit better on the bridge of his nose.

"Nothing, I'm fine, it's just that I found another memory." I said, shifting my weight so I could lean back and look at him simultaneously.

"What memory?" he asked, pulling out his pad he would always write on while we had sessions.

"I was raped at a party I had snuck out to and when I called my parents in distress, my memory cut off."

"You were raped? Are you okay, Reagan?" he asked, his eyes filled with concern. I blushed slightly.

"Yes. I barely remember it. I guess that's why it's not as traumatizing as I could be." I said, my eyes wandering around the room.

"Well, that's good. You don't need something like that on your mind. So why are you being mean to your Aunt Kim? She told me that you told her you hated her. Why?" he asked, scribbling some notes on the paper.

"I don't know, it was impulsive." I sighed.

"Well, you really hurt her feelings. I think you should apologize to her." he said, patting my arm. I gave him a withering look.

"No. I refuse to." I say, crossing my arms. He sighs and runs his hands through his thick, brown hair.

"Reagan, if you keep this act up, Aunt Kim may think it would be best to put you back at Shiny Meadows. You don't want that now do you? Just relate to her, she's going through a lot." Dr. Penn said, nibbling on his pen. I sigh dramatically.

"You don't know the kind of stuff that has been going on inside that house!" I yell, the beeping on the monitor starting to quicken.

"Then tell me, Reagan, what is going on inside that house?" he asked, keeping calm. That always amazed me. Whenever I would get an attitude with him, he always remained calm.