Truth And Reconciliation

"HE WHAT!?" 

I wince and pulled my phone away from my ear.

"babe i'm sorry. I should have been more careful"

"it's fine it's fine" she said sighing heavily.

"I shouldn't of sent you anything when i knew you were with your friends. Oh goddd he's in my class it's gonna be so awkward." she said stressed.

"trust me it won't be  he's not like that, he won't tell anyone" I said trying to calm her down.

"how do you know!?" she said raising her voice a little.

I don't like when people raise their voice at me but I can understand why  she's stressed so I let it go.

"I know because i've been friends with him for years" I said.

"my job oh god my job, Alicia I could go to jail, I could lose my job if anything happens" she said. I could hear her out of breath due to the fact that she was probably pacing right now.

I felt really bad and kept apologizing profusely.

"you aren't gonna lose your job." I said trying to calm her down.

"Alicia we need to take a break." Lauren said suddenly.

my heart dropped to my stomach.

"what do you mean?" I said.

"we need to take a break for a while until it's safe. tell your friends we broke up. we can't see each other outside of class, and we can't talk on the phone anymore. It's too risky"

"Lauren, that isn't necessary you have to trust me, Dritan, Paige, and Jessica won't tell anyone" I said pleading with her.

"who knows!? Dritan could blackmail me for grades and god knows about the girls" she said exasperatedly.

"I know!" I said raising my voice getting angry.

"I told you already, but it seems like you don't trust me. They. aren't. like. that."

"I do trust you" she said.

"oh yeah? well it doesn't seem like it" I scoffed

she sighed "okay Alicia, I don't have time for this. Just talking to you on the phone right now is a risk."

"Fine. bye." I said hanging up before she could say anything else.

I put my phone down and got ready to go see my friends and tell them the truth.

I wasn't going to lie to them again. They deserved to know the truth and Ms.Jauregui, had no right to accuse them of being bad people. I knew who they really were.

That made me feel even more guilty that I didn't tell them.

I looked in the mirror and set my face.

I was going to make things right.

I kissed my mom goodbye and got in the car. 

it only took a few minutes to drive to Dritan's house. 

When I got there I parked the car and walked up to the door taking in a deep breath and ringing the doorbell.

Dritan's mom answered the  door and smiled, pulling me into a hug.

"they're upstairs honey, it's so good to see you!" she said happily closing the door and then going back to the kitchen to prepare dinner for us.

"Thanks, it's good to see you too Laura" I said smiling and going up the stairs to Dritan's room.