Kotlc + Hadestown

I've wanted to do this for so long. Finally I've figured it out.

Requested by: IAmThe1FourthWall

Peggy: Um, hi. Hadestown is a really cool show (I've seen it) and I can't think of any way to make this song as cool as it should be without making it... an AU. So that's what I'm doing! No stage. No lights. No me. Please listen to the music while reading!! Thanks. Let's begin.

*****

Wylie, Jensi, Fitz, Stina, and whoever else I don't mention as a single in this: Low. Keep your head, keep your head low. Tch. Oh you gotta keep your head low. Tch. If you wanna keep your head-

Tam: *walks past them and they all turn to stare at the ground*

Them: Tch. Oh, you gotta keep your head low. Keep your head, keep your head low. Tch. Oh, you gotta keep your head low. Tch. If you wanna keep your head-

Biana: *walks slowly and shakily after Tam, her dress black with no sparkles or flare*

Them: Tch. Oh, you gotta keep your head-

Biana: *fists balled at her sides* In the coldest time of year, why is it so hot down here? Hotter than a crucible. It ain't right, and it ain't natural.

Them: Ah oh.

Tam: *inspecting a lone rose in a pot and not sparing Biana a glance* Lover, you were gone so long.

Them: Tch.

Tam: Lover, I was lonesome. So I built a foundry. In the ground beneath your feet. Here I fashioned things of steel, oil drums and automobiles. Then I kept that furnace fed, *brushes the petals with his hand* with the fossils of the dead. Lover when you feel that fire, think of it as my desire. *picks the rose and holds it out towards Biana* Think of it as my desire, for you.

Keefe: *in a small clearing in the middle of a forest, strumming* La la. La la. La la la la la. 

Biana: *reaches for the rose but hesitates*

Keefe: La la. La la. *shuts his eyes as he tries to feel the rhythm* La la la la la la~, la la la la la la~, la la la la la la... la. 

Tam: *frowns at her*

Keefe: La la la la la la la~ la la la la la la *his eyes are squeezed shut tightly, he's struggling* la la la la la

Biana: *quickly takes the rose and gives a forced smile*

Them and Keefe at the same time

Them: Low.

Keefe: La... la la la la la la

Them: Keep your head, keep your head low. Tch.

Sophie: *watching Keefe from a distance* Is it finished?

Them: Oh, you gotta keep your head low. Tch.

Keefe: La~ la la la la la la~!

Them: If you wanna keep your head. Tch.

Dex: *walking up behind Sophie* Not yet.

Them: Oh, you gotta keep your head low.

Keefe: La la la la la la la~

Them: Keep your head, keep your head low. Tch.

Sophie: *wanting to run forward and break Keefe from his trance* Is he always like this?

Them: Oh, you gotta keep your head low. Tch.

Keefe: *getting quieter* La la la la la la...

Them: If you wanna keep your head-