Bad Liar

This takes place in like a whole different thing. Not at Edmonds theatre. Not with Peggy. Just Sophie and Fitz. On their own. And they sing because this is a MUSICAL!

(Btw, this exists because my friend wanted some Sophitz. Also, I feel like this would be more popular if it had Sophitz...)

Fitz and Sophie sit on the edge of one of the fountains in Atlantis. They're once again VERY tired and stressed about the Neverseen. Not to mention the fact that they just started dating. This was supposed to be a date but it turned into a brainstorming fest for how to defeat the Neverseen. Keep in mind, this is a musical so naturally, a beat begins to play in the background at this point.

Sophie: Everything is going wrong Fitz. I can't do anything right. The Neverseen has Tam now! The Alicorns are in trouble constantly and now I can't even figure out my feelings or enjoy a nice day with you!

Fitz: *puts an arm around Sophie* *sings because, IT'S A MUSICAL* Oh, hush, my dear, it's been a difficult year. And terrors don't prey on innocent victims. Trust me, darlin. Trust me, darlin.

Sophie: You know you say that a lot.

Fitz: It's been a stressful year. I'm a man of three fears. Legacy, Alvar, and Sokeefe being canon.

Sophie: Wait-

Fitz: Trust me, darlin. Trust me, darlin. So look me in the eyes. *Looks into Sophie's eyes* Tell me what you see. Perfect paradise, tearin at the seams. I wish I could escape. I don't wanna fake. I wish I could erase it.

Sophie: Fitz-

Fitz: Make your heart believe, but I'm a Bad Liar! Bad Liar! Now you know. Now you know. I'm a Bad Liar! Bad Liar! Now you know. *Waves hand sadly* You're free to go. *Looks at ground*

Sophie: *scoots closer to Fitz* Did all my dreams never mean one thing? Does happiness lie outside elvin bling? Oh, I've been asking... Oh, I've been asking for problems. Problems. Problems. *Shakes head and shuts eyes tightly*

Fitz: Sophie, this isn't your fault.

Sophie: *looks up at him* I wage my war on the world inside. Use powers against the enemy side. Oh, I've been asking...

Fitz: Trust me, darlin.

Sophie: Oh, I've been asking for problems.

Fitz: Trust me, darlin.

Sophie: Problems.

Fitz; Problems.

Both: *look into each other's eyes* So, look me in the eye. Tell me what you see. Perfect paradise, tearin at the seams! I wish I could escape. I don't wanna fake.

Sophie: *looks away* Wish I could erase it.

Fitz: *looks at the ground* Make your heart believe.

Both: *look up* But I'm a Bad Liar! Bad Liar! Now you know! Now you know! I'm a Bad Liar! Bad Liar! Now you know. You're free to go!

Sophie: *looks down and squeezes eyes shut* I can't breathe. I can't be. I can't be what you want me to be.

Fitz: *looks at Sophie* Believe me this one time. Believe me.

Both: *basically just cursing the world now* I'M A BAD LIAR! Bad Liar! Now you know! Now you know! I'm a bad Liar! Bad Liar!

Sophie: Now you know.

Fitz: You're free to go.

Both: Oh!

Fitz: Please believe me.

Sophie: Please believe me.

Sophie: *looks up and scoots closer to Fitz* *lays her head on his shoulder*

Fitz: *puts arm around her* Y'know, you say you ruined this date. But honestly, this is probably the best day of my life.

Sophie: Really?

Fitz: Definitely.

Can we talk about the "Make your heart believe" line? I mean COME ON.