xv. man from space

➪ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕪 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕤 𝕓𝕪 𝕙𝕠𝕨𝕝𝕚𝕟' 𝕨𝕠𝕝𝕗

SEEING THE NOW crowded dining hall of the high school, Marty and Amanda stepped in together. "There's my dad." She looked over to see his Dad encompassed with something he was writing and nodded along. "You think you could help with the mom thing? Tell her how terrible I am or something."

Amanda smiled at the thought and briefly place a hand on his chest. "Say something bad about you, why I could never!" Marty rolled his eyes at the sarcastic comment. "I'll try my best. Good luck." The pair split up as Marty made his way over to George and her now trying to smooth things over with Lorraine.

The group of girls sitting along the benches were now enveloped in then conversation, looking over to the table Marty had just sat himself down in as Amanda twirled her fingers in her hands over having to appease to them. Coughing awkwardly they now turned to face her instead almost simultaneously. "Um, there was a free seat and I was wondering if I could join you guys?"

Lorraine seemed to be a bit peeved by her intrusion. "We were kinda in the middle of something." She tilted her head to her out of realizing this was another addition to the town that she hadn't been able to meet before. "Wait, you have to be new here. I don't seem to recognize you?"

Another girl with her back turned to her, went to see who she was to have Amanda take a breath over who it was. "If she's new, she probably knows that boy you can't seem to shut your mouth up about, Lorraine."

She rolled her eyes in distaste. "Last I checked, your own friends aren't talking to you, Julia. Best to try and be even a little nice." Lorraine then turned from her to eye Amanda interested over the possibility that was brought up. "Do you know Calvin Klein?"

"Christ Marty," She thought to herself and tried her best to hide the laughter that wanted to come out over this.

"Yeah! Sure do!" A seat for herself parted between the girls to have her face adjacent to Lorraine, placing herself right beside the one woman who she should be as far away from as she could. Wanting to persist this topic for her friend's benefit she cooly leaned forward to rest her arm on the table. "What did you wanna know about, uh, Calvin exactly."

She blushed immediately as Amanda said his name to make her want to vomit over the circumstances of the situation. "You don't know if he's taking anyone to the Enchantment Under the Sea dance do you?"

"Actually, he did tell me he was planning on taking someone—"

"Oh, I knew it! He's probably just waiting for the right time to ask me, I told you girls," Lorraine concluded suddenly, having her groan deeply under my breath over her naivety.

Julia laughed alongside Amanda to push her playfully. Reading the discomfort that radiates off her just being here, she decided to comment on it. "Don't dress like one of them if you don't wanna be one of them, kid," She mocked her.

Hearing this, a friend of Lorraine's came to her aid. "Oh don't mind her, she's just peeved F.C. hasn't asked her yet. She's too headstrong to admit it," Another girl teased to have them all chuckle under their breaths over the comment.

Amanda looked over immediately to see her strong facade fade at the mention of him, still not budging the slightest in allowing the girls to get to her. "You girls can fawn over a man to ask you out, I myself am not as dependent," She explained, getting you from her seat to take out a pack of cigarettes, "I'm going for a smoke."