xix. tender trap

➩ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕝𝕚𝕥𝕥𝕝𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 𝕞𝕖𝕒𝕟 𝕒 𝕝𝕠𝕥 𝕓𝕪 𝕜𝕚𝕥𝕥𝕪 𝕜𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕟

NOTICING THEY were no where near Riverside Drive, Amanda turned over to Marty now fixated on the road. He had told her initially that they'd be going back to Doc's house, but he also figured his friend needed a pick-me-up after today. They both did at least. "If you plan on dumping me here in 1955, you could've at least given me a heads up," Amanda told him.

"I heard about something going on the town over and I wanted to see what it was about."

Not believing the story, Amanda still sat back in her seat to go along with it. "Funny, don't remember hearing about anything? Especially considering I'm around you most of the time."

He brushed this off to continue to not tell her anything. "It was when you were with Lorraine in the cafe' the day with the car," Marty lied and came down the highway to pull over to a rustic dollar store. With the moon now high above their head and the street lamps out in every direction, the place didn't have a wholesome appeal as that of the town only a few miles down. Amanda looked over to her friend getting off and back to the sketchy place. "This isn't gonna be the plot to a horror movie, promise."

Taking off her seat belt to head outside, she stood alongside the car to look up to the place questionably. "You sure about that, blue? Because it sure as hell seems like one." Marty just laughed at the comment to take her hand and bring her along inside with him.

The man behind the counter looked between the two of them as Marty grinned to him cheekily. He shut the newspaper he was fixated on to eye the teenagers of us up and down. Amanda looked between him and Marty, wondering what situation he was trying to get them caught up in now. "Where do you want to be tomorrow?" The man asked, looking to Marty specifically.

"Rome."

"Who said you were worthy?"

"The old gray mare."

The man stood up from his seat at the second answer to have Amanda step back worried before Marty stopped her from doing so. "Who sent you here?" The man continued.

"Hieronymous Bosch." Nodding to this, he tilted his head to walk past the counter to the back of the shop suggesting for them to follow. Marty smiled down to Amanda after this as she continued to be completely lost over the situation that was going on. Noticing how wide her eyes had gotten in the span of the exchange, he found the image of her actually being startled to be sweet. "Still not in a horror movie, c'mon."

Holding his hand tightly, the pair followed the man down the flight of stairs to the basement of the shop as he unlocked the door to show another door and bouncer on the other side. He gave them a small nod before heading back up the stairs to leave them with another sketchy man. This one instead pushed open the door for the teens, revealing the bustling party scene occuring just beneath where they once were.

Finding the events even more confusing than before, Amanda looked over to see him only laughing over her expression. "You've got doe eyes again, Amy."

"Because we're in a damn secret club?" Seeing the numerous teenagers dancing in the packed club, Amanda looked around in amazement. "How the hell do you know about a secret club in 1955?"

"The band played a gig at the spot that's here now and I remember the owner telling me about it. Didn't think it'd actually be around." Shaking her head over the explanation, Marty tugged her hand along to follow. "C'mon, who knows what's gonna happen soon anyways. Might as well make a good time of whatever we have left here."