xviii. stupid cupid

➩ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕠𝕠𝕜 𝕠𝕗 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕓𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕠𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕠𝕟𝕖𝕤

BEING FOCUSED on the rest of the length of the cables Doc had made her fashion since Amanda was up quite earlier than Marty, the door to the garage almost completely went past her. Smiling over his friend knitting her brows deep in focus over the task, Doc took notice to this and raised a brow over him being here. "Mind if I take her off your hands for a sec, Doc?"

"Where you two headed?" He asked grabbing his goggles whilst eyeing them.

"We're headed to George's place for a bit. Marty's got an idea on how to deal with the situation now," Amanda explained as she took off the gloves she had on to stand alongside a now confused Marty, "Now c'mon, blue."

There was actually no plan set in place, not really at least. Her taking the initiative to lie and say there was one was more for his benefit in getting Doc to think everything was in control.

Nothing, in fact, was actually in control.

Tugging her arm and shutting the door behind them, Marty looked to her with a nervous laugh. "I still haven't thought of anything?"

"You'll think of something on the way, now c'mon." Noticing her turn towards the door, her cheek turned in his direction to have him catch the stain now on it.

Before Amanda could get a step in, he grabbed onto her wrist rather suddenly. She turned back to him and couldn't help to blush as he inched forward intently. Marty brushed off her cheek gently with a small smile over feeling the warm beneath his thumb in the midst of the act. "Doc. catch fire to something again? You had some patches on your cheeks."

"Sort of. I could've gotten that myself though," She said back, defensively.

Marty shook his head with a cheeky grin. "Wouldn't let you get the chance. What did you say then, doe eyes? That we don't have much time and we should get going?" Amanda groaned in frustration over this, following after him as he spun the keys to Doc's convertible in his hands.

Taking the drive out over to George's place, she sat in concentration alongside him. "Alright so tell me what you're thinking?"

He laughed at the comment. "You think I've got a plan?"

"I mean you must have something, your face is too scrunched to just be thinking of nothing."

She raised a brow to him expectantly to watch Marty crack a small smile at this. "I've gotta get my dad to be do some damsel in distress bit, y'know? That's the only way he's bound to get her attention." He grew confident in himself over spinning this in a way to involve his friend. "Besides admit it yourself, you'd love to be the damsel in distress. It's romantic, girls like that."

Scoffing over him even suggesting this, Amanda shook her head. "You obviously don't know me all that well if you think that and you know it."

"No, it's just to be tease." Looking over he laughed at the sight of her noticeably annoyed. "If it was our relationship would've been a lot different, don't you think?" Realizing what he meant, Amanda blushed over the fact to laugh along nervously to this as he parked into the driveway of George's house.

George noticed them park and seemed to sigh under his breath before putting the laundry basket down in hands down in order to greet his visitors properly. "Sorry to come in unexpected like this," Amanda stepped up to say.

"It's alright," He explained before turning to Marty especially, "But you do keep on following me?"

"It's about the dance, George! I've got a way to get Lorraine to go with you!" Marty reassured him.