xvi. roll over beethoven

➩ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕓𝕪 𝕓𝕦𝕕𝕕𝕪 𝕙𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕪

STIRRING AWAKE over the loud noises being started below her, Amanda rubbed her eyes to slowly get out of bed. Looking around to see she was still in the spare room at Doc's place, expecting for everything to go back to normal every time she woke up these days, Amanda got herself ready quickly before making my way downstairs. Going down the steps, Marty was brushing his hair through his fingers from the mirror beside the front door to have her laugh at the sight. "Hey, stud."

He turned up to her with a grin as she looked to herself in the mirror beside him. "Gotta admit, it does suit you," Amanda spoke in reference to his gelled hair and jacket.

"I'll keep that in mind when we go back." She shoved him aside over the comment to have Marty laugh and look over into the lounge to see Doc bring in parts from his home in his hands. "You need some help today, Doc.?"

He shook his head to Amanda's offer immediately and looked at to the two of them seriously. "I need you to help Marty make sure his father asks Lorraine to the dance." She nodded understandingly as he moved past the two of us. "Remember, be careful you two. It's important to get the two of them together as soon as we can."

"Got it Doc, we're on it," Marty assured him, taking his friend's hand to pull her along. She frowned to have him tilt her chin up sympathetically. "You can be my assistant this time around, doe eyes."

She groaned at the very thought. "If anything you're my assistant."

"I know but could you just let me believe I was in charge for a second?" Amanda raised a brow to have him raise his arms defensively. "Alright, alright. So we'll go, find George, and get him to go up to Lorraine and ask her to the dance. That simple."

"Right, right. Might as well wait 'till after school, it'll be easier for us" Smiling to herself for a moment at the idea she had, Amanda looked up to him eagerly. "Y'know, under better circumstances the two of us could've had a little more fun being here."

Marty caught on quickly to watch she was suggested and cocked a brow with a smile in agreement. "And we've got ourselves some time to kill now."

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

WALKING OUT of the shop, Marty continued to struggle to take the cap off the pepsi bottle he'd gotten for himself. "If Tarantula was in theaters instead think you would've stayed awake," Amanda teased beside him as she continued to watch him in his task.

He sighed under his breath to take a break from his struggles and raised the drink up to her. "Look, the theme for Love is a Many-Splendored Thing is good. Ringo does a great cover of it."

"Oh Ringo does a fantastic cover," Amanda continued and tilted her head to see him now trying to twist the bottle. Realizing he wasn't getting the hint this wasn't a twist off cap, she didn't want to outright call him out for it as she usually would. "Marty, I could show you?"

"I've got it, Amy." He continued to try and twist it as she shook her head over this. "Well, I'm gonna get myself a shake at the café. I'll be back in a sec, alright?" Marty only nodded and she laughed under her breath to head over to the café around the corner.

The shop was now filled with teens fresh out of school as the young girl struggled to make her way though the crowd. "Amanda!" She turned at the sound of her name to see Lorraine ushering her along as she was just seating herself now in an empty booth.