iv. arcade deception

➪ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕣𝕚𝕡 𝕚𝕥 𝕦𝕡 𝕓𝕪 𝕠𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖 𝕛𝕦𝕚𝕔𝕖

THE REST OF THE PINHEADS now joined the duo in the rather packed restaurant, going along with the usual Saturday Night crowd that seemed to pile up in the Callisto's diner. "Let me guess, you're probably the whole cliché I've come to picture you to be in my head when it comes to school," Lee explained to Amanda as Marty brought up the nearing of summer in a few weeks, "You wear your wide little sort of glasses and speak in the quietest of tones and, now I'm going out on a limb here, but you're really good at like English or something."

Marty laughed under his breath at the comment to have Amanda scoff beneath his arm that had been tucked around her shoulders in regards to the almost accurate description of her. "It's actually Science in general that I'm good at and I used to be a band kid . I still play my drum kit every now and then from Jazz Band. Still, I'm glad to fit some stereotype according to you."

Bobby rolled his eyes at and raised a brow in interest towards her as the others started on working out the setlist that was the reason for the get together in the first place. "Nothing wrong with that in my opinion."

Amanda lifted her eyes up to give him a cheeky grin and leaned forward on the table to face him properly. "Really? Not even a tad bit melodramatic?"

"If you use words like melodramatic, even more so I think," He teased and chuckled under her breath at his sly words to lean back into her seat in the booth. Watching the exchange from sitting beside her, Marty felt himself begin to tense up. Out of his own worries in regards to who his friend associated with no doubt. She could easily persuade anyone if she wanted to, which was the trouble with her confidence at times. More so on his case having to watch her so obviously flirting away like it meant nothing.

The boys did eventually work out a setlist, thankfully; course it took a few rounds at the arcade after eating out that really got them to settle into something. Standing off to the sides as Lee, and Paul were watching Amanda try and beat the high score she'd already set the last time they took a trip here. Having to watch the exchange at the diner, Marty looked up to his friend eyeing her and became—

"Defensive? I'm being protective, as I should be," He assured himself before actually confronting Bobby. 

He nudged him slightly to Amanda now cheering over moving onto another round. "Why are you flirting with Amy?"

Not knowing what he was doing by bringing this up, Bobby turned back to Marty confused. "I'm not flirting?" Seeing the way he grew uncomfortable over the way he was acting only indicated he should stop whatever it was. To say he was interested in Amanda was a bit of an overplay as they didn't hang out as much because of, well, Marty wanting all her attention to himself. "Why would it matter anyways? If I wanted to date her I could?"

"No," Marty said immediately and shut his mouth slowly over the objection that came out naturally, "I mean, you could but— well she isn't your type."

"You said no, own up to it." Bobby gave him a smug grin. "Why does it bother you so much when guys talk to her?"

Knowing he already had a history of this from previous engagements on watching people come up to flirt with her at one of their gigs or even when they were out at the mall, Marty made the excuse that he was looking out for her. Keeping people that didn't deserve her at a distance because she should have only the best. "Because she's my best friend."