Daveed Diggs ~ Daughter

(Daveed is your dad, you're struggling with an online school test. @SavanahRiker )

"Ugh. I am NEVER going to get this." You fall back onto the couch, laptop situated on your lap but dangerously close to falling. 

"Hey, hey now. What's all this about?" 

Great. Your dad just walked in, snatching your laptop as it starts its descent to the floor below. 

"School,  I have a test tomorrow and I don't think I'm prepared for it." Tears brim your eyes at the confession. It's not like you haven't studied, it's the fact that you can't retain the information outside of a classroom setting. 

"Dad, this whole online school thing really sucks. I mean, it does have its perks. I get to hang out with you more now." 

Daveeds face lights up at this statement, and he leans over to ruffle your hair affectionately. 

"But I just cannot get it when I'm learning through a screen. It's like... my mind has been hardwired to only learn when I'm in a room surrounded by other kids. This sucks." You bury your face in your hands, sighing dramatically. 

"Alright, lets study then." He smiles as you look at his dumbfound.

"What?"

" We can do this. Get your notebooks and I'll help you study. But first breakfast and coffee!" You watch as your dad stands from the couch and bends over, kissing your forehead and handing there laptop back to you before skipping to the kitchen. 

After a filling breakfast of waffles, fruit, and some delicious coffee, the pair of you were seated on the couch once again. Staring at the laptop you let out a long sigh. 

"I mean, its been a while since I've done this, but we'll see what we can do." You admired how your dad was always so positive and encouraging, even when he wasn't sure of his helping ability. 

So the two of you sat, and studied, and note took, and read, revised, read again. Through lunch, although you stopped and ate some sandwiches. By now it was around 4pm and you definitely felt better about the fact you were taking a test tomorrow. 

Seeing your chance you lunge at your father, wrapping your arms around his neck, "Thank you for helping me study. You're the best." 

You can feel him chuckle as he hugs you back, kissing the top of your head affectionately. 

"You're welcome. Now, how about we go out for dinner?" 

Needless to say, you got a good grade on your test. And while it wasn't a 100%, you're only human  You did your best and felt confident submitting it. And now you'll always know who you can rely on if you're struggling and need some hep studying. Your dad.