“Yeah, but um…what happened?” I say holding her wrist carefully.

“Oh,” She looks down, embarrassed “I’d rather not talk about it, I mean we barely know each other right now, in time I will tell you.”

Disappointed I look down holding her yellow cast “Well, can I sign it then?” I say hopefully.

“Yeah of course.”

I write something down on her cast and tell her not to read it till I leave. We take a seat and begin to talk again. She asked me about the tour, I asked her how many times in the past week she has spilt a drink on someone, she answer with just the two times it was me.

“So where do you live at?” I ask her

“Oh I live by myself in an apartment complex in Pendleton circle. What about you?”

“I live with my family like a mile down the road.” I reply, I glanced for a second over at the clock and noticed the time “Oh dang! I still have to go unpack, I told my mom I’d be gone for an hour…turns out it’s been three, she is gunna be pissed” I get up and start running out the door but I stop myself as I open it, I won’t forget her number this time. I turn back and stand next to Sydney “Can I get your number?”

“Hehe yeah,” She blushed and wrote the number on a piece of paper “Here, promise me you won’t lose it?” She holds up the paper to me.

I grab the piece of paper and I lean down and kiss her quickly before she has the chance to react, “I wouldn’t dream of it” I smile back, trying to hold out on my excitement so she doesn’t know how long I’ve been wanting to do that. I run outside to the bus waiting for me.

*Sydney POV*

As I watched Ross leave the shop I feel my face begin to heat up to a bright red color again, the boy I was afraid I may never see again just kissed me, I wasn’t even using any of my moves! I giggle. I remember he signed my cast; I look down to read it.

‘So the other day I met this gorgeous girl, and I haven’t been able to stop thinking of her since. She’s short, blonde, has the most beautiful blue eyes I’ve ever seen oh and I can’t forget how clumsy she is, she tends to spill drinks on me. Anyway, if you think you know her let her know I’d love to go out with her sometime if she wouldn’t mind? –ROSS SHOR LYNCH’

“Eeeekkk!” I jump up out of my seat and do a little dance, then I run to the back room where I find Tiffany I run over to her, forgetting she had recently mopped and the floor was still a little wet I slide across the floor knocking into her, I help her back up and give her a giant hug, I was so darn excited.

*Riker POV*

I have finally finished unpacking and I took a shower now I’m packing food for Sydney and I, I figured I’d grab the leftover steaks, broccoli, and potatoes from last night, she said she liked steak in any condition. I put it all in a picnic basket and wrap the containers in a blanket trying to preserve the heat. I head over to the door and look at the clock saying it was 5:50. Good timing, I grab the keys to the van and head over to Candy’s. I pull up and I park and lock the car, I head into Candy’s and I see Sydney in there talking to a curly haired girl, with a lot of freckles, behind the counter. Sydney hasn’t seen me yet so I sneak up behind her and cover her eyes “Guess whooo?”

“Hmm, is there any chance this is my best friend Riker?”

“Wow, you are fantastic at that game haha” She turned around and I gave her a hello hug.

“So Commander Riker where is it you are taking me on this fine evening?”

“Well Lieutenant Sydney, I was thinking we could take a walk and then stop for a picnic in the park, does that sound satisfactory?”