A Divine Request

When Cosmo awoke, he felt the warmth of a pure white light upon him. He opened his eyes to find bright green grass below his body, a stark contrast from the shaded temple he had been inside of for so long. Elias laid a few feet away from him, completely unconscious. Cosmo rolled over to his back and looked up at the pure blue sky. It seemed to be truly endless, not a cloud to interrupt the view.

Rolling over onto his other side, he saw Lysander on the ground on his hands and knees. His wounds were healed and he seemed just as groggy as Cosmo felt. With one arm outstretched in front of him, he seemed to be grasping for something. It is so bright in the direction he is facing... is he reaching for the sun? Cosmo thought in his semiconscious state. Looking towards the light left him in awe.

Standing before him was a beautiful woman, garbed in a stark white kimono with long white hair cascading over her shoulders. Her skin was an otherworldly light blue and white runes covered her hands. Her face was slender and elven in appearance, with narrow ears to match. It was only until Cosmo stood up when he realized the woman towered over him, standing nearly nine feet tall.

A warm smile was spread across her face, perfectly detailed in every way, like a living painting. Light radiated from her face like a halo and just being within her presence made Cosmo feel extraordinary. He felt able to climb a mountain, run thousands of miles, even march right up to Gladernad's throne and defeat him single handedly. She was the embodiment of courage, pride, camaraderie, and fellowship. With a single resounding moment, he realized just who was standing in front of him. Tatiova.

"Rise, my child." She spoke simply yet warmly towards Elias, who was still slumped over on the ground. He stirred and rose slowly, eyes wide at the radiant figure before him. Her voice sounded like the sunrise, like the morning dew dripping off of the thousands of leaves in the jungle, like all of the creatures of the nation, big and small, strong and weak. Being in her presence was enthralling and her voice was mesmerizing. Cosmo understood Elias's faith. "Look around."

If not for Tatiova's command, Cosmo could have stared at her elegance for the remainder of time itself. While he no longer felt drowsy, focusing on anything else was a chore. Even still, he looked around to find himself atop the tallest mountain he had ever seen, with a thick layer of clouds below him. Normally, Cosmo would be fearful of such heights. Around Tatiova, this emotion was impossible.

Everything surrounding him on the summit was covered in grass, moss, or small pink viny flowers. Small stone brick ruins adorned the mountaintop, overgrown due to centuries of neglect. Cosmo had no idea where he was, but knew that it was sacred. A small and smooth yellow stone laid in the grass just a few feet from Cosmo. It glowed brightly, even in the daytime and he wondered just how much power resided inside.

"Do you know where you are, children?" Tatiova asked, her voice washing over Cosmo like a heavy tide.

"Heilige du Gipfel... The Paladin's Peak." Elias spoke, with wonder in his tone. He gazed at the view around him, and at the radiant figure of Tatiova. He looked like he was living the greatest dream of his life. As he stood next to the goddess, Cosmo understood why.

"That is correct, my child. I have brought you atop my domain to tell you of your destiny." She opened her arms and a flurry of white petals burst forth, fluttering in the high winds of the mountaintop. Cloaking the boys, they slowly lost sight of the summit, replaced by a thick cloud of white. "Young Cosmo is not the only one among you with extraordinary power. Elias, with your supreme knowledge of tradition and wildlife. Lysander, with your superior skill in regards to your scimitar, as well as being able to wield the forces of magic. The growth you three have displayed impresses me greatly, and Felwyn is in great need of your help." As she said this, Tatiova appeared in the white mist, holding the glowing crystal.