xviii.

Bokuto Kōtarō [木兎 光太郎]

He felt restless but happy at the same time. Weeks before the summer training camp, he thought he would stop looking forward to this training since the happenings last year were kind of traumatic to him, even if that was gone and all.  

He knew that kind of worsened his attitude and he was aware of the "emo mode" he sometimes enters when some "awful" things happen to him. But he was thankful there were true friends who stayed by his side, especially Akaashi. 

Ah, Akaashi. He feels giddy every time he thinks about the setter and he couldn't help himself smiling when he's around the male as months passed by. Even if the male was a year younger than him, he felt that someone really understood him. 

Akaashi understands him and shares the same passion for volleyball. What more could he ask for? 

First things first, he appreciated every time Akaashi's willing to have extra practices with him. No one in the team was willing to, he knew to himself that he's unstoppable whenever it comes to practices. He wanted to push himself more after the humiliation last summer training camp. 

He appreciated every time Akaashi would scold him, he could see how caring Akaashi is in nature even if it doesn't show his face. Maybe he's the only one who sees through that, he isn't sure but he's sure that Akaashi's the kindest person he met. Akaashi scolding meant the male was observing him and understanding him.

He also appreciated every time Akaashi would be brutally honest when making strategies for their plays. He likes that Akaashi would point out some of his mistakes in playing and how Akaashi would try different timings in tossing. He knew Akaashi's tosses are the best and nothing could change his mind, even in the future. 

He also likes it whenever Akaashi listens to every word he says, even if the male didn't look like one. He knew Akaashi listened every time because Akaashi remembers what he says, sometimes using it as an argument. He also felt important as if his words always matter and Akaashi knew how to pick him up always, even in the shortest span of time they knew each other.  

It was the best three months of his life so far. 

And yes, the times spent with Akaashi are the best ones for him, if he would be truly honest. He doesn't know why but if he could, he wouldn't leave Akaashi's side for the rest of his life and make it possible. He never found someone as honest, as kind, as caring, and as pretty as Akaashi Keiji — the male was an enigma of perfection for him. 

There were also times he couldn't get Akaashi out of his mind, especially when his home after school. He would always think about what Akaashi's doing or just merely chat with him, but he doesn't want to disturb him. He knew the male's studying at home after school - heck, Akaashi's one of the top students in freshman year - and he really appreciates it when Akaashi replies to him mostly. 

He likes the feeling that Akaashi's giving him time without asking him directly always. 

---

"Koutarou, are you listening?" He blinked twice before looking to his mother who's eating dinner. He came home later than expected since he visited Akaashi's grandparents and already ate dinner there. He likes Akaashi's family, they treat him like he is a part of the family as well. 

'Right, my mind wandered off once again.' He just smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, mom. I was caught up with something. But what's that again?" 

His mother sighed. "I said, you've been talking about this Akaashi-kun lately but I've never seen the boy. Well, I've already met your other friends and they were nice, even the one who doesn't go to your school. Oh, especially that Yukie girl, I really really like her." His mom smiled before eating.