xiii.

Bokuto Kōtarō [木兎 光太郎]

"Aghaashe!" He called as he saw Akaashi inside the boy's classroom. It was already dismissal time and students inside the classroom of Akaashi are used to seeing him waiting outside. Some had greeted him politely to which he greeted back happily. He saw others whispering and looking at Akaashi but the said boy looks like he didn't mind as he walks towards his direction.

"Bokuto-san, you seemed earlier today. Were you waiting outside for too long?" The boy asked worryingly to which he just grinned. "Nah, we were just dismissed 20 minutes earlier. Don't worry about it. Yukippe also said the training would start later than usual. You could set some balls for me first!" He said to which Akaashi just hummed in response.

"Something's wrong?" He asked. He was used with Akaashi being silent and the listener when they are walking together while he blabbers random stuff about what happened in his class but this kind of silence from Akaashi is new and feels that something's bothering the latter.

'Maybe it's my owl sense? Hehehe.' he thought.

He wasn't really good at reading people but when it comes to the first-year setter, there are times he could read him like an open book. It's like there's a hidden connection between them and he could have just been imagining things but with Akaashi, he knew he could be real without holding back. 

He saw Akaashi looked at him before shaking his head. "It's nothing, I've been thinking about volleyball and the incoming summer camp." He didn't believe the boy's words but nodded nonetheless. "Don't worry too much about the summer camp, it's fun!" And he wasn't lying, it's one of the best experiences one could have but it doesn't mean that he had all fun last year. Sure, it was fun he met Kuroo and other volleyball players in the powerhouse of Tokyo. Until it wasn't.

It was more of a traumatic one and he hoped he would forget it completely. 

He didn't notice he was the one being too silent until Akaashi called him. "Bokuto-san, is there something wrong?" He looked at him and forced a smile as he shook his head. "No! No! It's nothing 'Kaashi!" Akaashi just looked at him with a blank face which kind of scary but he avoided looking at him and continued walking with a smile on his face until he felt a tug on his uniform. 

"Bokuto-san." He stopped and saw Akaashi staring at his arm while holding the sleeves of his jersey for a second or two before coughing. "I... I'm sorry I wanted to ask this since I entered the club but did something happened before?" He looked back at Akaashi and he was planning to shake it off with a smile.

But with the concerned look Akaashi is giving him, he wanted to vomit words. It's like he could say anything, even the dumbest of the dumbest things and even when Akaashi would just give him a blunt look, the latter would understand him. 

He breathed deeply and decided to sit down on bench under the cherry blossom. He saw Akaashi standing in front of him with a frown on his face but sat down beside him eventually, all ears on him. He sighed as he stared at nothingness. And he started speaking like he's vomiting all the sickening memories.

Flashback:

It was his first summer camp training with his new team. He admits it felt surreal and he was excited to meet other volleyball players. He would also meet the amazing captains and ace players he heard before, that kept pushing him to be a better player.