vi.

Bokuto Kōtarō [木兎 光太郎]

"Kuroo! Ahk--!" He shouted as he dumped himself on his bed while accidentally hitting his leg on one of the bed legs. He just finished his usual routine every night and thankfully, no one was out there, shouting to him to be careful. Or scolding him for forgetting breakfast earlier.

"Bokubro! Eh-- Are you okay?" He heard his friend asked and he just laughed. "Yes, sorry I hit my leg on the bed leg." He muttered and a laugh was heard on the other line. 

"And I'm not hearing your mother on the background? Wow, that's new." He rolled his eyes but sat down properly on his bed. "Anyways, what do you want to talk about? Oh, Kenma says hello." Kuroo continued and he could hear some clicking sounds of a game console from the background noise. 

"Hi Kenmaaaa! But bro! I just want to tell you we've got a new setter!" He said excitedly and started bragging about the team's new setter. 

"Oya? You sure you're not imagining things, Bokuto? You did know what happened last time." Kuroo chided. He sighed but he knows his friend is just concerned. 

"I'm not imagining, you rooster-head! He's real and the only first-year in the team." He said as he smiled at the early encounter. 

"I'm just concerned, with all the shits happened last time, you know? But anyway, what's his name? And how come he's the only first year? Kuroo asked. 

"His name is Akaashi Keiji! I don't know why he's the only first year as well. Maybe no one was as good as me?" He bragged which earned a sarcastic grunt from the other line. 

"Akaashi, you say? I think I've heard that name somewhere." Kuroo said which made him frown. "You know him?" He asked. 

"Not me. I think I've heard that name from Kenma once or twice. But I couldn't disturb him right now bro, he's busy fighting some evil boss in his game." Bokuto hummed in understanding. 

"So tell me more about this Akaashi Keiji. You look like you have so many stories to tell." Kuroo said with a chuckle. "Weeell, he's an amazing setter. He looks mysterious, to be honest. And he's really silent and he looks cold but he could give you the kindest smile the world has to offer! He has blue eyes, or was that green? It's something between that. And he has like these long eyelashes! And I've noticed he has long fingers. He has longer fingers than mine. And we ride the same bus! He said he came from Mori Middle School, I don't know where's that though. And, and, he just looks pretty if I'm being honest." 

"Okay, chill bro. Too much info in just one day. You just met him just today right?" Kuroo asked in which he hummed. 

"And you sound like a lovesick teenager who's having his first crush. Really, how did you even noticed his fingers and eyes? Especially the long eyelashes bro. You are a creep." Kuroo laughed. 

 "I am technically a teenager. And I'm not a creep! You know how great I am. And we will beat you up. Periodt." Bokuto smirked despite being on the phone. 

"In your dreams, owlboy. You may have forgotten that Kenma is already a part of our team and you should probably prepare your owl-ass goodbye to Nationals. No one could be better than this little kitten over -- hey! That actually hurts!" Kuroo groaned in pain as a loud thud was heard. "Then stop calling me kitten, Kuro." Kenma could be heard from the background that made Bokuto laugh. 

"Wow, daily episodes of an old couple's lover's quarrel," He said sarcastically that made Kuroo coughed a bit. "Brokuto, I actually need to tell you something," Kuroo said that caught his attention. "Wait."

"Hey Kitten, I'll be going home. I'll see you tomorrow. And don't let me drag you out of your bed again." Kuroo said. "One more kitten and I would not think twice in shoving this console on your mouth." Kuroo's laugh could be heard over the phone that was replaced by fast-paced footsteps.