v.

Akaashi Keiji [赤葦 京治] 

Before warming up, one of the team managers handed him his volleyball uniform and his jacket. "Hello! I am Yukie Shirofuku but you might hear Bokuto and the others call me Yukippe. I'm one of their team managers here and a second-year already. If you need anything, just ask me or Kaori over there." Yukie said with a smile. 

"Oh, and I apologize for Bokuto's behavior earlier. He's just really like that, an energetic owl boy. But I'm sure you'll enjoy playing with him! That's like his charm or something." Yukie added and he nodded. 

"It's okay, Yukie-san. I've seen him play in a match two months ago when I visited. He's actually the reason why I chose Fukurōdani." He muttered. 

Yukie looked like she wanted to ask more but grinned to him. "That's good to hear then! If ever you have problems within the team, just tell me and Kaori and we'll beat them up." Yukie said that made him smile genuinely. 

"Thank you, Yukie-san. I guess they are not.... dangerous, if I may say it in an inoffensive way." He said as he eyed his new teammates, happily chatting with each other. He heard Yukie laughed loudly that caught the attention of the other team manager and some of his teammates. 

"Don't worry, they don't bite. But I might as well give you a heads up on Bokuto there." He looked at Bokuto who's doing some spiking in the air as he was talking one of his teammates. He still doesn't know some of their names anyway. He frowned at Yukie's words. 

"Why? Is there something wrong with Bokuto-san?" He asked. 

'He looks fine, like very fine. I mean in physical matters, at least.' He thought and noticed that one of his teammates, Konoha, went beside Yukie. 

"There's nothing wrong with him, he just got this 'mood swings' at times to the point that he gets dejected and ruin the flow of his game at times." Konoha filled in. 

"My name's Konoha Akinori, by the way. A second-year like Yukie-chan and Bokuto. A wing spiker." He bowed towards the dirty-blonde guy in front of him and heard Konoha laughed. "No need to be so formal Akaashi!" 

He nodded and looked back at Bokuto who's talking animatedly with their libero. "When he's in this 'mood swings' of his, you bench him out?" He asked. Konoha shook his head. "Nah, we just cheer him up when he's on his 'emo mode'. But we don't want to repeat what happened last season. That was hellish." 

He frowned. "What happened last season?" He asked but before he could receive an answer, the captain called their attention and he hurriedly went to the lockers and changed to his new jersey. 

---

He was instructed to watch his teammates first and he could say that they are good, too good that he became nervous when the coach called him to set for his teammates. 

"Don't worry 'Kaashi! I know you'll do great!" He heard Bokuto beside him and the owl boy grinned at him. And somehow, he stopped fiddling with his fingers and nodded. "Thank you, Bokuto-san." The owl boy grinned widely and gave him a pat on his shoulder. 

His teammates lined up and he started setting for them. And he received praise and thanks from his teammates and words of encouragement that made his nervousness dissipate more. 

"Hey hey hey!! I never felt so good in spiking with that set 'Kaashi! Set me more! Set me more!" Bokuto shouted that made some of their teammates laugh at Bokuto's action. He could say Bokuto resembles a rowdy child and he thinks it's kinda cute.