viii.

Akaashi Keiji [赤葦 京治] 

It's been almost two months since he entered the school and he was kind of regretting his decisions in life already. 

He is starting to question why did he end up studying in this school with an ace who is a 5-year-old boy trapped in a teenager's body. 

He looked at Bokuto who is sulking while sitting on the floor and a face towel on his hand. He facepalmed mentally as he stared at the owl boy, knowing it's because of Bokuto's weakness # 3, he was unable to have a good service on the practice game earlier. 

Since he joined the team, with the help of Konoha, he was able to know and witness at least 25 "weaknesses" of Bokuto to which some of them are really absurd. Who even gets depressed by the food in the canteen? Or when he ran out of hair gel to keep his hair up? 

He remembered how the owl ace called him 5 in the morning yesterday just to tell him with a dejected voice that he couldn't attend their morning practice because he doesn't have any stock of hair gel. He had no choice but to bring his untouched hair gel on his bathroom cabinet and gave it to Bokuto when they met on the terminal. 

Konoha even laughed at him when he told the blonde guy about the mental list he had of Bokuto's weaknesses. And really, he needed the list to understand the ace, especially on crucial things like official games. 

"I am actually surprised that you're able to handle this stubborn ace we have." Sarukui once told him and even he was surprised to himself that he was able to handle it. 

Not that he thinks Bokuto as a handful teammate, he's actually quite the opposite because, after his recovery from his weaknesses, he could still prove to you that he's the reliable ace who would bring the team to victory. 

And that's one of the reasons why he was able to handle Bokuto and his weaknesses. He's an ace he couldn't ask for more and he doesn't mind tending Bokuto's mood swings at times, it also helps him think faster when it comes to rash decisions in games. And Bokuto is a good friend even if he's an upperclassman. He grew fond of the owl boy's presence adfter all. 

"Bokuto-san." He called and the sulking owl boy looked at him with his golden dejected eyes. He sighed and offered a hand. "Coach said we could do our usual practice while the others take a break. Come on, I'll set for you Bokuto-san." He smiled lightly. 

Bokuto continued looking at him. "Really? You'll do that for me?" The owl boy asked like a child and he nodded. The owl boy took his hand and beamed as he stood up. He tried not to roll his eyes but was glad Bokuto is back to normal. 

But something caught his eyes as Bokuto grabbed his hand. Which made him frown. 

---

After his and Bokuto's usual extra volleyball practice, Bokuto had invited him to grab something to eat by the convenience first before going home which he gladly accepted. On the way, he let Bokuto talk about his usual rants. From volleyball to the latest chapter of manga the owl boy is reading, which he decided to read as well because of Bokuto. 

Listening to Bokuto's endless rants and stories comfort him somehow, knowing there is someone who's willing to share their thoughts with him without any filter. And it just felt natural to listen to Bokuto every day. 

"Aghaasheee." He turned around beside him as he heard the name given to him by the ace. He hummed in response as he saw the ace typing something on his phone.