xvii.

Akaashi Keiji [赤葦 京治]

Two weeks have passed since the revelation on his feelings and the summer break is approaching, so does the awaited summer camp training.

Within the two weeks, everything's normal except for the fact that his family is too fond of Bokuto. As the ace visited his grandparents' house, the two elderlies pampered the latter with food and stories about him when he was young. Bokuto would always give a good laugh and the ace has that sense of humor that his grandfather liked. 

Bokuto seemed to like the company of his grandparents, and it made him happy to see how enthusiastic his teammate was. No one ever entered his life to know him better, like how Bokuto does. And that felt pleasant. 

Again, nothing has changed, really. Except for the fact that there are times his brain is on short-circuit every time Bokuto would praise his tosses or whenever the owl boy does little things like waiting outside his classroom every lunchtime, treating him snacks before riding the bus, and randomly texting him about anime, manga, and owl facts. He learns a thing or two about owls and Bokuto every day. 

Though sometimes Bokuto's weaknesses were out of this world, he would still try to do things that would make the owl guy forget about the weaknesses. He knows 30 weaknesses as of now and he knows there will more to come. 

They're currently on their lunch break, walking around the cafeteria with the other teammates while looking for a space for them. He's been texting with Kenma these days, surprisingly. He wasn't expecting he would be close with the Nekoma setter but it was fun to tease Kenma. 

He confirmed his assumptions when Kenma started talking about Kuroo most often, from ranting about the black-haired male's annoying antics to subtly telling him he misses the male whenever Kuroo's unavailable after school. Kenma was caught-off guarded when he asked about the short-haired feelings towards Kuroo and he was right, Kenma harbored feelings towards Kuroo which made him kind of happy since he knew Kuroo's in the same state, even if he only saw the man once. 

But it's not his place to intefere with their relationship since he thinks it would be better if the two work it out, soulmates or not. 

He suddenly felt a nudge on his shoulder as they sat down and saw Konoha peeking through his phone to which he closed immediately. "Oooh, talking to your lover? I can see you smiling." Konoha asked teasingly which made the others look at his direction, even Bokuto who was busy eating his meat buns in front of him. 

He slightly glared at Konoha and sighed. "It's nothing important." He muttered and started eating the meat bun Bokuto gave him. "A smiling Akaashi is like a rare pokemon, you know." Sarukui added to which Konoha nodded. He saw Bokuto frowned. 

"Eehhh? 'Kaashi smiles like every time! You just don't see it because you're too blind, Saru." Bokuto said loudly where they got stares from other people in their direction. "Who are you calling blind, you owl? Akaashi looks serious always!" Saru added. 

He deadpanned, sometimes he doesn't know how he gets along with his upperclassmen. "You do know I am here and I can hear you, Bokuto-san, Sarukui-san." He said but the two loud guys were unbothered as they continued to argue about him smiling. 

"This guy here doesn't want to believe you always smile, 'Kaashi. I always see it with my two eyes! They're like brighter than the blue sky! No one could beat that smile." Bokuto said nonchalantly and continued eating his meat bun like it's normal for him to say that.