vii.

Kuroo Tetsurou [黒尾 鉄朗]

Kuroo could say he is kind of relieved, after telling his troubles to one of his closest friends. And he somehow got some answers from his confusions the past months.

He couldn't tell Yaku or Kai about it, not because he is ashamed of it but he doesn't know if they will understand, he couldn't even understand himself. And they would probably laugh about it.

And knowing Bokuto who may look like a childish owl-human form with childish antics, there were times that the owl boy knows what to say, just like earlier.

He threw himself on the bed with a sigh and stared at his ceiling while thinking of Kenma, cats, and the scratch on his right bicep.

He wants to meet his soulmate as soon as possible so he could spend the rest of his life with his soulmate and give all of his to the one destined to him. That was his main and final goal in his life, apart from his volleyball life and career.

He may look like a "ladies' man" outside but deep inside, he was craving to know who his soulmate is.

But his surfacing feelings towards the pudding head boy make him think of his goal again. Especially when he saw a glimpse of the younger's arm. With the same scratch and all. And he was still not sure if they were that identical.

Having the presence of Kenma since they were young, he admits he grew fond of the boy. Being neighbors and childhood friends, they would do things together. He couldn't even imagine himself not attending the same schools with Kenma until college. He could say he liked the idea of having a little brother like Kenma.

Even before entering Nekoma last year, he was having doubts to attend the school. Not only he would leave Kenma behind but because Kenma might not even study there next year. So he made sure that Kenma would choose Nekoma despite the whines he got from the latter for him to stop.

His father would tease him about it from time to time. His father is used with him and Kenma hanging out on each other's houses and he could say his father grew fond of the Kenmas' presence, especially Kozume's.

The older Kuroo would also scold him and tell him to take care of his "future son-in-law" which he would just snort about it. But his father didn't need to tell him twice, he would always look out for Kozume no matter what happens.

And with the questions Bokuto had asked him earlier, it was now clearer than the sky and sea during the daytime.

He has a crush on Kenma Kozume or something more than that. And he hasn't seen him as his little brother since then, it was deeper than that all this time.

And he wished it was the pudding boy that is destined to him.

---

Morning came and as expected, Kenma is still asleep when he dropped by the house next door. He refrained from groaning as he went to the younger's room and as expected, Kenma is still wrapped up on his blankets like a burrito.

'Cute,' he thought and went to shake the younger male's body.

"Go away, whoever evil boss you are. I'll defeat you later." He heard Kenma muttered with his eyes closed and scrunched nose. He tried not to laugh and restrained himself from pinching the younger male's cheeks.

'Stop being so cute, you kitten.'

After several attempts of waking Kenma up, they were ready to go to school. "Kuro, what were you and Bokuto talking about?"