22 | Coffee And Contemplation

FIVE

_

I HAVE BEEN sitting at the coffee shop for half an hour, and I'm trying my best to want to kill something.

I want to be mad. I want to have a reason to yell at someone. I want to take down a pyramid scheme and blame it on a random person walking down the sidewalk.

But I can't be mad. Once I was able to clear my mind with four pots of coffee, I realized I'm not a spewing ball of rage I usually am. I want to hug something or someone, tell them I like thier shoes, and then skip off towards the end of the rainbow and live with my leprechaun friends.

And it's all because [y/n] made me fall in love with her.

Now all I can do is think about her. I can't be mad, or anything, because this stupid curse won't let me. I just want to know where she is, how she's doing, and if she's giving someone a sarcastic smile.

I want her to give me a sarcastic smile.

"I suppose you'll be wanting a refill?" A woman said, staring at my empty cup of coffee.

She was the waitress that had been eyeing me suspiciously for the entire time I've been here, and she had her reasons. I probably drank a tub full of coffee. Not to mention, I still looked 13.

"Always," I sighed, pushing my mug towards her, "thank you."

Did I just say thank you?

Who am I?

"Actually," a voice called into the shop, followed by the sound of a door swinging closed, "he's had enough."

Turning around, I saw the gaggle of siblings that I didn't want to see. Klaus, Allison, Luther, Diego, and Vanya were all huddled around the entrance like they were some team of fashion models. No.

"As if this day couldn't get any worse," I huffed, "what do you guys want?"

Klaus tossed his feather scarf over his shoulder, "to talk to you."

"I don't want to talk to anyone."

"Then listen."

Rolling my eyes, I turned back towards the counter of the diner and tapped the side of my mug. The rest of my family clambered onto the stools, all watching me with thier judgeful gaze.

"Can you guys stop staring at me like that?" I hissed, "it's annoying me."

Luther sighed, "I think we should just tell him."

"Tell me what?"

"What she told us to tell you."

"Well you can tell her I told you to tell her I don't care about what she tells you to tell me," I rambled.

"My gawd," Vanya said softly, "he's gone mad."

"I'm not mad!"

"Okay, let me do the talking," Allison cut in, turning to face me, "you're right, [y/n] does possess the ability to make people fall in love with her."

I narrowed my eyes, "I already know that."

"Did you know Diego was in love with her for two minutes?" Klaus giggled, "he smiled."

"Stay out of this Klaus," Allison scolded, "I'm trying to explain the truth to Five."

This was a chaotic mess, and I probably would be better off blinking to antarctica. At least the penguins wouldn't annoy me as much as them. Allison sighed, waving her hand as she tried to explain.

"She didn't use her powers on you," she said, "because you're the only one it doesn't work on."

I raised an eyebrow, "what?"

"If you read the whole report, you would have realized she can't make people fall in love with her if she already loves them."

I think I'm in love with you, she said that day, No, I am.

Wait, so if she loved me already, she wasn't using her powers on me? That meant that that whole inner monologue of feelings was my own? That would explain why I couldn't be mad at her, but it also means that I'm...weird. I can't believe I thought I was going to live with leprechauns on the edge of a rainbow because I was too confused to talk to her.

"Dammit," I muttered, setting down my mug, "I feel like an idiot."

"That's because you are," Klaus pitched in, "glad you finally figured that out."

"Shut up, Klaus," Diego yawned.

"But what about her past?" I questioned, "why doesn't she use her powers on anyone else?"

Allison glanced at the floor, "because her powers can kill people,"

"What?"

"Remember when I said Diego fell in love with her for two minutes?" Klaus interjected again, "well she almost made him stab himself to prove she was right."

"What?"

"Things that like that were the reasons that made Dad put her into the cryo-chamber."

"Really?"

"When she was three, she didn't know how to have control over her powers," Vanya explained, "in doing so, she would use them accidentally. People on the sidewalk, people in a store, just anyone."

Allison continued, "and love is dangerous. They became so obsessed with her, and so crazed with emotion, they would get into fights with other people in jealousy. Some people died because of it."

I bit my lip, "that's...horrible."

"So that's why she had to be locked away until she could control it."

"Do you understand yet?" Luther said, "she never used her powers on you. Whatever you were feeling was just your own."

"So I was just in l-word with her," I mumbled, "because I just was?"

Diego scrunched his nose, "what's l-word?"

"Doesn't matter, but dammit, I really am."

All I could think about was that rush of blood I felt whenever I thought about her. Whenever I spoke to her. Whenever I kissed her. That was...my own doing? I guess I was alone for so long, I never realized how to read my emotions.

"It's settled," I said, slapping my hand on the table, "I'm in love with her."

I may have said that a little too loudly, because some people in the diner stared at me in annoyance. I didn't care.

"Oh, you finally said the l-word," Diego groaned, "took you long enough."

"Shut up, Diego," Allison snapped back.

I felt triumphant. Maybe not that triumphant, but still slightly proud I was able to achieve something that didn't have to do with murder.

"I need to talk to her," I said, standing up from my chair, "where is she?"

I expected them to stand up and lead me to wherever [y/n] was, but instead they all just sat there with smirks on their faces. Before I could press them for information, a familiar voice let out a chuckle.

"Right behind you."

_

one more chapter left
:(