16 | Two-faced Five

Y/N

_

IN THE EXCITEMENT, I seemed to have forgotten about my father.

Because we had left so early in the morning, Five and I made it back to New York without having to stop at that creepy motel. I wasn't sure we'd even be allowed in anyways.

At one point in the car ride (as embarrassing as it is), Five's hand accidentally brushed against mine and it became more awkward than it usually was between us. I wasn't sure if he wanted to hold my hand, or if it was completely unplanned, and because of that unsureness, we didn't really talk.

No one knew what to say, anyways.

But here I am, trying to sneak into the academy without getting caught. Hate to break it to you, but that plan failed about 3.6 seconds ago.

I was caught by Pogo, who then turned me into my Father. He was in his office when I was shoved inside, and he didn't look happy.

"I don't know how you did it," Reginald said, setting down his journal, "but you escaped from your cell."

Narrowing my eyes, I crossed my arms in front of my chest. Five wasn't here to stop me, so I could run my mouth as much as I could.

"It was easy," I shot back, rolling my eyes, "that's all you need to know."

"Do you find this amusing?"

"Do I find what amusing?"

"Your disobedience."

"No," I shrugged, "but I find your lack of parenting skills hilarious."

If I could punch him in the face, I would. But I didn't want to die, so I definitely wasn't going to do that.

I expected Reginald to lash out, throw a book at me, or yell with his loudest voice, but surprisingly he did none of that. Instead, he just stared at me with a deadpanned expression.

"I would have assumed your powers helped enable you to do it," he said, clasping his fingers together, "but once Ben told me he saw you drive off with a car, I realized it was far from that."

"Ben, you little snitch," I growled under my breath.

My dad ignored that comment, and continued.

"You were with that boy, weren't you?" He pressed, "the one with the ability to time travel."

"His name is Five, and he has nothing to do with you."

"I thought we established you were not to go near those fools."

"They aren't fools."

"They are disappointments."

"And so are you," I snapped, "but I wouldn't say it to your face."

I knew I shouldn't have said that, and I wish I could take it back. There were so many things I wished I could take back. I just...couldn't.

"Have you ever considered that he's using you?" Reginald said, his voice lowering.

What?

That was out of no where, and the question was stupid. Of course not!

"He wouldn't do that," I huffed, "he isn't like that."

"Then tell me."

"Tell you what?"

"Has he done anything other than use you to further his plan?"

I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out.

The first day I met Five, he begged me to help him and his sibling. Same with the second day, the third, and today. Even the kiss was just to get us a room in that crappy hotel.

I racked my brain for an answer, but I couldn't find anything.

Maybe...my dad was right.

And that hurt to think about.

"Exactly as I thought," Reginald said, as soon as I didn't respond, "you were nothing more than a pawn in his plan."

I couldn't believe that my own mind was betraying me. That couldn't be the truth. Five was my friend, he wasn't using me! I just didn't have enough evidence to prove that he wasn't.

I had been trapped by my own father. Lowering my head, I opened my mouth to apologize, in the hopes that he'd go easy on me.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, almost hesitant to say the words.

As I expected, he didn't believe the words I said.

"It's too late for forgiveness," he said, swatting me away, "you are to be locked in your room for the rest of the week, and only then will you be let out."

"How is that necessary?"

"Because you don't deserve the other privileges of your siblings. You must be in isolation until you realize your wrong doings. I will not be taken for a fool again, and neither will you."

He was right, and even thought I desperately didn't want to admit it, I had to. Five used me.

And he had taken me for a fool.