Chapter 22: Understanding You

Začať od začiatku

Jungkook's eyes travelled up to meet with Jimin as his lips finally detached from the center of the omega's chest. This tempting feeling begged him to have sex with the omega right over his bed now, but the feeling, the timing, the reason didn't feel right to the young king. Jimin was already deep into the idea, but Jungkook wasn't. No matter how much he desired for a moment like this, the odds of triggering his rut with the one he lusted after so long, was bound to happen and it scared him.

Suddenly, Jungkook pulled away from the omega and laid down right by his partner's side. Leaving Jimin to let out a heavy exhale as his eyes opened right after, wondering why the alpha pulled away so early.

"Oh, Jimin..." Jungkook sighed and looked away as his hands rested over his stomach. "What are we doing?"

"Wh-What do you mean? What is there to explain?" Jimin asked as he then covered his face from the embarrassment after moaning and making the alpha stop.

"I can't do this to you..." Jungkook added and finally sat up. "It's what I've dreamt of... As an alpha, it's normal to share such a bond with my partner, but I can't do that now," Jungkook confessed and faced Jimin.

"Why?" Jimin asked and looked away from the alpha as he continued to cover his mouth. "This is the second time, we aren't hiding anything and our bond is as close as it was before. Is there something wrong?"

"Jimin..." Jungkook whispered, leaning over to the omega to tie the ribbon over his hanbok and hide his chest underneath the upper garment. "I know it's confusing and I know you want this too... But I can't risk it with you, at least not now. I don't want to trigger my rut and have you stuck with me... I can't imagine hurting you like that."

Jungkook then laid right by the omega and brought him closer into an embrace. The feeling felt bittersweet to Jimin since he grew confused as to what the alpha began to say. He heard the king but didn't listen when it came to things he wanted too.

"So, will you have me here... On your rut? Or not?" Jimin whispered softly as the king then uncovered the embarrassed omega's face."...You know we will have to face this too when we're married,"

"Rut? Jimin, I can't do that to you, I don't want to hurt you," Jungkook confessed, looking deeply into the omega's eyes. "I don't want you near me for that."

The king was no stranger to the rumors or tales of having an omega close by when an alpha reached their rut. The many mouths that whispered true horrors on those omegas who had bad experiences with their alpha during a rut, frightened Jungkook. The king understood why betas were often used during ruts since the alphas couldn't risk impregnating an omega even before a wedding. It was something so frowned upon by everyone, most couples that were in line to marry, couldn't risk such a thing. Yet, Jimin was too oblivious to understand it.

"Why not? I would want you to be with me if I have my heat, what makes a rut so different?" Jimin wondered as he looked down the alpha's body. "You don't think I can take it? I'm just as strong as you!"

"No, Jimin you don't understand, alphas are more dangerous on their ruts. It's not a pleasant experience and having an omega like you near a monster like me at a time like that, it's not a good idea. It could be beneficial, but it's not a good idea. What if you get pregnant even before our wedding?"

"What if I don't?!"

"Ah, how could you say that? Jimin, I feel touched that you would want to be there for me at a time like that, but it would be difficult for me to hold back."

"But what if one day, we are married and you let go? You have it and I am the closest, what will you do then? It's a part of life. When I said I would be there for you, let me. We work through everything together, remember? Don't let this all go into your head, Jungkook."