Throwing those heavy words with grunts and anger, he gave me the last angry look.

"You are my brother's bride here. You must stay to that, little one. Do not become our mother." He said sharply, making me flinch hard. "You are here to provide us heirs and that is what you will do, only. The time has almost arrived."

My eyebrows furrowed in fear and confusion.

The loud steps occurred as he stomped angrily towards his house, leaving me all shaken and frightened.

The sun risen slowly, spreading its rays over the ground.

My eyes filled up at the harsh beginning of this day that I suffered.

Closing my eyes, holding the red ruby on my neck, I shook my head.

I must never forget that at the beginning and end of the day, these people were pagans only.

.

.

.

_____

.

.

.

Coming back to the room, the scenario was different from what I had expected.

Any other day, Karam would have left the room to have his bath at the lake and not return until the evening. He would return if there was something important like a drama created by me or to deliver fresh fruits plucked by him.

But today, he had not even left for the lake.

Observing his wet hair and radiant glow on face, I knew that he had just hurriedly taken bath in our bathroom only.

There was a glass full of milk in his hand and a piece of bread in another that he was offering to a freshly bathed Keev, dressed in a newly stitched cream little shirt just like one of his father's.

So, half the tasks were already done.

Bless my mate.

My eyebrows raised and whole mood went up at the adorableness oozing out from them. Karam was sitting on the bed, watching Keev trying to take a bite and chew.

"Why were your heartbeats so fast?" He asked while putting glass of milk away on the table, far from Keev's reach so he won't spill it and walk towards me.

His eyes moved from my feet up to my face, releasing a content sigh. Those big hands grabbed my face with him approaching me faster than I could expect. Though, he was gentle.

"Nothing. I nearly choked myself with that ash." I mumbled quietly, not meeting his eyes.

He raised my chin with one finger, forcing me to look up in those beautiful amber eyes. At night, his close proximity was like a tight and warm hug, a calm ocean for me to swim, a melodious poetry, a soothing touch of wind and so much more.

But in the daylight, it felt as if every object in this room was our audience. His advances in front of them or even a single person would warm up my ears and being havoc to my stomach. I felt too shy to reciprocate any advances.

The more he would behave like a responsible father and mate, the more it would make me blush to even meet his eyes for some reason. As if the age gap was now really settling in my mind.

"You aren't even breathing, my mate."

I gulped and released a long breath that I didn't even realise holding all this time.

Rubbing his thumb over my lips, he stared at my face. "What's wrong?"

The conversation with Kingston was a defeat. I didn't want to share about it with Karam. Mostly because I wanted to avoid every possible reason that could make him choose between me and his family even in his thoughts.